L.A. County High School for the Arts is a highly rated, public, alternative school located in Los Angeles, CA. It has 565 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
L.A. County High School for the Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+115 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+38 Students
- A37 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A-31 Students
- B30 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like L.A. County High School for the Arts
- A+Cerritos High School
- Abc Unified School District, CA
- 553 reviews
- A+La Canada High School
- La Canada Unified School District, CA
- 314 reviews
- A+Arcadia High School
- Arcadia Unified School District, CA
- 1,013 reviews
- A+Beverly Hills High School
- Beverly Hills Unified School District, CA
- 302 reviews
L.A. County High School for the Arts Reviews
Very Great Arts school! Although we are on the college campus we as the students little to none ever interact with the college students, but you do somewhat get the college feel as you have to navigate your way through the big campus to get to your next class. Many believe that our academics are below average, but they are just as challenging as any other high school would. You will need time management on your side as you know having to balance both academic and art homework. If you are considering coming here I hope you make the choice to audition and give it your all! Good Luck!
LACHSA is probably the premiere arts high school in the United States. People from all over the country come to attend! The only gripe I have with the school is that because artists think and live very differently from most, the drug use in recent years has increased. That's not to say the school is bad because the arts programs are second to none.
Being that I moved to LACHSA, an arts school, my sophomore year, I felt that I could appreciate it more that if I were to have started there my freshman year. I am grateful for all the experiences it has given me to play different types of music, and play with different departments. At LACHSA I have taken the opportunities to play with different people, wether it's with the opera, the gospel choir, or even in class for our peers. I am grateful that my teachers cater to our artistic abilities, and allow us to include our art forms into the assignments. I also love the diversity in the student body, as everyone has a unique character and style. LACHSA provides an environment where students feel free to express themselves.