L.A. County High School for the Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+98 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+29 Students
- A28 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A+25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like L.A. County High School for the Arts
- A+Cerritos High School
- ABC Unified School District, CA
- 458 reviews
- A+La Canada High School
- La Canada Unified School District, CA
- 285 reviews
- A+Arcadia High School
- Arcadia Unified School District, CA
- 916 reviews
- A+Beverly Hills High School
- Beverly Hills Unified School District, CA
- 283 reviews
L.A. County High School for the Arts Reviews
LACHSA is a wonderful art school open to everyone no matter the race, religion, sexuality, beliefs, and etc. LACHSA is a school where you can make friendships worth lifetimes and education at its best. All academics are somewhat as hard as the arts. English and science classes are on higher levels compared to other public schools. Each art department is demanding in skill and time management. The repertoire in the LACHSA orchestra is also very challenging.
I love the fact that I am able to pursue my passion in the arts while just in high school. I feel like I am in a very professional environment every day, especially in my classes that are very student directed. However, because our school has six different departments of art (theater, music, dance, visual arts, cinematic arts, and musical theater), our school tends to become very segregated in that aspect and fail to intermingle the different fields of art together. I would like to gain more opportunities to explore different styles of art and performance and learn about how other artists work more.
My school offers a great variety of classes. There are AP classes for US History, World History, Biology, and English. There are three academic classes each day and they alternate every other day. There are few academic teachers that are of high caliber. The one thing that I believe the issue is is that a majority of them have no connection to the arts, which is kind of crazy considering it is an arts high school! The workload varies by the class. I have always had a lot of math, science, and english homework. Usually I have a very light load for my Spanish and history classes.