La Canada High School is a top rated, public school located in La Canada, CA. It has 2,079 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
La Canada High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+383 Students
- A+367 Students
- A+260 Students
- A+246 Students
- A235 Students
- A168 Students
- A165 Students
- A162 Students
- A+153 Students
- A138 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like La Canada High School
- A+Beverly Hills High School
- Beverly Hills Unified School District, CA
- 307 reviews
- A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- 254 reviews
- A+Arcadia High School
- Arcadia Unified School District, CA
- 1,025 reviews
- AL.A. County High School for the Arts
- Public School
- Los Angeles, CA
- 167 reviews
La Canada High School Reviews
La Canada High School can help any self-driven student reach their full potential with the abundant amount of educational opportunities offered. The numerous amount of diverse advanced placement classes allow students to explore their interests, while also rigorously preparing for college. AP teachers at the school typically take pride in their work, and engage their students in very interesting ways. This being said, La Canada High sometimes struggles to motivate students who have difficulty learning and require a more personalized approach. Because this school is so academically competitive, incoming students should expect an ample amount of stress, and sometimes, a lack of support in to manage this stress. At the very end of a student path at La Canada High School, a feeling of accomplishment is inevitable.
The teachers and the administration there are very friendly. Talking with them is relatively easy and manageable. Among them, there are some excellent teachers who really put all their efforts in improving the education of their students through interesting and unique opportunities. The administration though could be changed. Sometimes, their message is unclear and inappropriate, such as that time they decided to close off the second and third floor bathrooms due to students vaping in them. I feel like if they want to get in touch with the students, they should try switching away from fear tactics at least.
There's no doubt that the academics at La Canada High School is very challenging but rewarding. However, the drawbacks of this is that the school is very competitive and the students are constantly stressing with the mind to do even better than their counterparts. I suspect that this is the reason that our school has opted in not creating school ranks. Many teachers at this school are always making sure that the students at the school, but there are also some teachers that you'll want to completely avoid. This school has shown incredible efforts of trying to ease the students' stress levels with facilities and programs. Excluding diversity, this is a well-rounded school that will no doubt be a great preparatory school for university.