La Canada High School is a top rated, public school located in La Canada, CA. It has 2,085 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
La Canada High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+340 Students
- A+319 Students
- A+228 Students
- A+221 Students
- A209 Students
- A147 Students
- A146 Students
- A142 Students
- A+139 Students
- A121 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 75 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like La Canada High School
- A+Beverly Hills High School
- Beverly Hills Unified School District, CA
- 302 reviews
- A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- 248 reviews
- A+Arcadia High School
- Arcadia Unified School District, CA
- 1,007 reviews
- AL.A. County High School for the Arts
- Public School
- Los Angeles, CA
- 165 reviews
La Canada High School Reviews
This school has amazing academics and wonderful teachers and administrators! All who graduate from here say that this school goes above and beyond in preparing you for college, and students get really high test scores. It does have a strong atmosphere of academic competition and stress, and for many people the pressure that this school puts on them proves to be too much. But for others the pressure pushes them to do their best and they excel!
La Canada High School is a public high school unlike any other in the area. It is a very competitive school with rigorous and time-consuming courses. Sometimes I felt like I was going to a private school with how hard the classes were and how invested all my peers were in getting the most out of their education. La Canada HS also has one of the best music and performing arts programs I have ever seen. I was part of the choir program for six years and acted in one of the school musicals. There was so much opportunity for growth and travel. I went to Italy, France, and New Orleans while part of the program. If you are a competitive student and like the arts, this is a school for you.
I loved LCHS! This school prepared me for college through rigorous coursework, and involved me with extracurricular activities, helping my balance between school and fun. The community in and around the school was great - with supportive parents and internship opportunities.