L&N STEM Academy Reviews

My experience so far at the L&N:

Pros:
-Most teachers genuinely care about students' success.
-Most teachers are very responsive over email.
-The science, English, and history departments are great.
-The workload is considerably large but manageable, and will prepare students for college.
-The campus is great because (1) it doesn't look like a prison (which is what most schools look like), and (2) it is fairly large but cozy, which creates a scaled-down college environment.
Cons:
-A surprising number of students openly cheat on assignments whenever the opportunity is presented.
-Group projects are assigned frequently, almost never work out, and are just infuriating in general. The main issue is that there is zero teacher supervision.
-There aren't very many so-called "high-achieving" students. Most students simply don't care.

The school has a lot of strengths but some considerable weaknesses. With this said, it's definitely better than any other school in the district.
The teacher student relationship is the most important aspect to my learning, and the teachers at STEm really try to care and connect with their students.
Experiencing L&N STEM Acadmey junior and senior year, I realized what I wanted to do in the Stem field-Computer Science. Because the school offered not only Computer Science but also Computer Principles, I was comfortable in two Computer languages-Java and Python. Not only did the school help me find my major, but the acadmey got me involved with clubs, such as JCL, that I would have never considered back at my old high school. I would, however, want the school to apply more technology, through the County School System, in order to live up to being a STEM school.
Start Your Review of L&N STEM Academy
During my four years at STEM, I have achieved goals that I have never dreamed of setting. The teachers push your academic abilities and allow you to take initiative towards your own learning. STEM is a hard school, but it is also a home for every student that goes there. I would have never been as ready for college, if it wasn't for the tools and resources that I have learned at STEM.
Administration has created a facade of greatness under which only a select group of elite students benefit, while mainstream students are overlooked, and students with disability are discriminated against in attempt to drive them out of the school. The mathematics department is inadequate with high staff turnover.
Throughout my past 4 years attending, it has maintained the same, rigorous academic challenges for learning. The faculty and staff are constantly there to help you any way they can. I love this school because it allows you to truly own your learning, no one is telling you whether you have to do assignments or not, they let you make these choices. Having that much freedom truly develops strong, hard-working, and time manageable students. Throughout my senior classes, we have had past alumni come by and talk with their favorite teachers, while talking to us students as how a specific classes we are taking helped them in college, as well as how the school's atmosphere and freedom truly prepared them to succeed in their college. Because of this school, I will be able to further my education with full readiness and preparedness in college.
My experience at L&N was very different then other public schools. L&N helped pushed me out of comfort box to better prepare me for college. The school was like one big family since it’s smaller than other. I wish there was more diversity in the people that go there. Also there needs to be more sports for the variety of the students that they have now.
The L&N STEM Academy is a place where one can show off their knowledge and seek many opportunities to gain as much education as possible. It's also great because of it's diversity and no one is afraid to express their quirkiness. It's like one big wacky family with supportive teachers who care about each student's education and success.
Great teachers, great community, strong academics, teachers really care about students, very academically focused, sometimes overload on homwork
The L&N STEM Academy provides an excellent educational experience. The teachers there truly care about the students and overall academic performance.
I transferred to the STEM Academy my sophomore year in high school from Central High School. The school is absolutely wonderful and making friends all over campus is incredibly easy. I've never seen a more open-minded environment and a school that is full of endless support for one another. While the academics are a bit tough at times and can be overwhelming, you always have support from your fellow peers and teachers that care so much about you and your success. My teachers at STEM have made a cemented impact on me and who I am today, and who I will continue to be and grow into as I go through life.
I loved the independence that the school gives me. They have found the perfect balance. I feel that I am ready to make the transition to college, yet they have still maintained watch over me and other students.
My experience at this school could not have been better! The teachers loved what they did, were passionate about student success, and created a safe learning environment for everyone.
The LN STEM Academy is a lovely school. The curriculum is excellent and challenging for its students, and the resources available to them are incredible.
The first two years were great but then things got a little rocky the last two years. The math department could use some help. The science department was great.
I have been going to L&N all 4 years of my high school career, and I have to say- there could not have been a better school for me. There is so much that is amazing and cutting-edge about my school that I would not trade my experience here for anything. I have amazing friends and teammates and classmates and feel like I'm involved in my own little community while being treated at an adult level by the staff and teachers. If you live anywhere in east Tennessee, pick L&N!
Going to L&N STEM Academy was one of my greatest decisions yet and this could be school spirit talking but I believe it is the best school in our county. It is definitely worth applying to.
Start Your Review of L&N STEM Academy
I love the L&N STEM Academy! It is overall a great environment, and very diverse. At the L&N STEM Academy, you are welcomed with open arms. It is a hard school, so there are many challenges. But along with challenges, are great victories.
The school is in a perfect setting with top-notch faculty and curriculum. Students are constantly challenged and push themselves to be high achievers. My favorite part of L&N is Genius Hour, which allows students to take a break during the school day to explore their passions, whether those be academic, artistic, or athletic.
I enjoy the community of students and teachers. I feel like I can talk to anybody. I also appreciate the many AP courses that are offered. These create many opportunities to get prepared for our college career.