L&N STEM Academy is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 596 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
L&N STEM Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-126 Students
- B52 Students
- A+45 Students
- B41 Students
- B35 Students
- B-31 Students
- B22 Students
- B20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
L&N STEM Academy Reviews
The school is very great for academics, making you feel obligated to stay at the school. It is really a great asset. The staff is also very helpful and kind. The course rigor is good, but sometimes forces students to stay up too late for their mental health to be well regulated. Also, the staff needs to not overload on homework and connect with the students and understand their background. Also, the social environment could be improved. I personally sometimes feel awkward at school and wish that some people would be a little less school oriented. It is great for anyone focusing only on school. It is very hard if you are trying to balance your life out.
I have been going to L&N all 4 years of my high school career, and I have to say- there could not have been a better school for me. There is so much that is amazing and cutting-edge about my school that I would not trade my experience here for anything. I have amazing friends and teammates and classmates and feel like I'm involved in my own little community while being treated at an adult level by the staff and teachers. If you live anywhere in east Tennessee, pick L&N!
Throughout my past 4 years attending, it has maintained the same, rigorous academic challenges for learning. The faculty and staff are constantly there to help you any way they can. I love this school because it allows you to truly own your learning, no one is telling you whether you have to do assignments or not, they let you make these choices. Having that much freedom truly develops strong, hard-working, and time manageable students. Throughout my senior classes, we have had past alumni come by and talk with their favorite teachers, while talking to us students as how a specific classes we are taking helped them in college, as well as how the school's atmosphere and freedom truly prepared them to succeed in their college. Because of this school, I will be able to further my education with full readiness and preparedness in college.