Kutztown Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Kutztown, PA. It has 444 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Kutztown Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B55 Students
- A+51 Students
- A34 Students
- B23 Students
- A-22 Students
- A20 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+17 Students
- A+14 Students
- C+11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Kutztown Area Senior High School
- BUpper Perkiomen High School
- Upper Perkiomen School District, PA
- 103 reviews
- B+Northwestern Lehigh High School
- Northwestern Lehigh School District, PA
- 182 reviews
- B+Oley Valley Senior High School
- Oley Valley School District, PA
- 147 reviews
- B+Boyertown Area Senior High School
- Boyertown Area School District, PA
- 381 reviews
Kutztown Area Senior High School Reviews
The academics are pretty solid. The building and maintenance may need some work and improvements. Students are prepared for college in the best possible way, however more required courses for financial help could be incorporated. the student body is not that diverse, however it is a small school and there are benefits. Smaller class sizes for more personal instruction, yet that also means class sizes could be quite large. The stadium is great, and athletics are pretty popular for students.
I graduated from this high school in 2017. The teachers are all very nice and only want to see you succeed. They help you very much for what college work will be like. For example, the amount of time that you spend on learning how not to plagiarize and how to site your sources properly will ingrain it into your mind so you will never have to worry about if you are going to have a professor in college give you an F for that. The science department is pretty good. Chemistry is definitely the department's strong suit with my favorite teacher at its head. My freshman chemistry class in college was very easy because of all that I learned from him. The math department is also good. It gives you the option of going into calculus your senior year, which can be very helpful.
My experience at Kutztown Area Senior High School was very successful because of all the teachers and administration that help me get through my four years here. There were many ways for me to stay involved here that included joining chorus and show choir, along with participating in baseball, basketball, and cross country. All of my coaches helped me along the way and made my experience as good as it could be. The opportunity that I was given to take the most challenging courses that I could also made my experience here a success. I was always pushed to take harder classes so that I would be able to grow as much as possible as a student.