Krum High School is an above average, public school located in KRUM, TX. It has 606 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Krum High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+101 Students
- B59 Students
- A+57 Students
- A-55 Students
- A+50 Students
- C+47 Students
- B+43 Students
- A36 Students
- A35 Students
- B+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Krum High School
- B+Ponder High School
- Ponder Independent School District, TX
- 72 reviews
- BEra School
- Era Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 22 reviews
- B+Northwest High School
- Northwest Independent School District, TX
- 513 reviews
- B+Lake Dallas High School
- Lake Dallas Independent School District, TX
- 257 reviews
Krum High School Reviews
I went to Krum schools k-12, and I would not change that for the world. I enjoyed the small school and smaller class sizes because that meant you could build more relationships with other students and classmates. I had a great time participating in sports and varying organizations in Krum High School, and I would recommend it to any parent or student looking into it. There is your normal amount of drama like any small town, but your experience is what you make it! I loved my time at KHS, and I know many others will too!
It is a relatively small school district, so most people know each other or have known each other for a long time. The sense of community there is strong and the staff and students are incredibly friendly. It is a great environment for learning and personal growth. Bobcat Fight Never Dies!
My experience at Krum High School was not the worst but also, not the greatest. At Krum High School, I go to school every day and am educated in a way that is based solely on standardized testing. I realize that we have to test but a better way to teach is to make sure that your students are truly understanding the material and not just blow through it to get it done by the test. However, Krum High School has gone above and beyond by taking extra measures to ensure the students are safe. This includes, but is not limited to the drills and procedures we practice regarding fires, shooting, and natural disasters.