Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Kountze High School is a public school located in Kountze, TX. It has 318 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-112 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+41 Students
- B-40 Students
- B37 Students
- B32 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-30 Students
- A24 Students
- A-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Kountze High School
- BSilsbee High School
- Silsbee Independent School District, TX
- 82 reviews
- B-Warren High School
- Warren Independent School District, TX
- 39 reviews
- C+West Hardin High School
- West Hardin County Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 23 reviews
- BLumberton High School
- Lumberton Independent School District, TX
- 115 reviews
Kountze High School Reviews
The faculty and staff try to be involved with the students and are always trying to have something that they would think would be fun for the students. It is a very small school and it has a decent atmosphere. There are many different classes that are offered to further the knowledge of the student, possibly in the field of study for the degree the student wants to pursue. The school offers medical classes for students that want to pursue the medical field and a retired nurse teachers the medical classes and knows what she is teaching about. There are welding classes and shop classes that will give the student life skills that will be useful. If there were a few things that I had to change, it would be some of the faculty at the school because some of the teachers and even administrators make the school an undesirable place. Some teachers do not understand that some students learn differently than others and do it all one way and will not accept any other way.
Kountze is a good small town school! The staff are friendly and the community is close knit. The class sizes average about twenty-five students to one teacher. The school district is very big on their basketball teams. What it lacks in academics compared with other schools it makes up with hospitality.
Kountze High School is an average small town High School, but there are some teachers who help push us towards the future. Some of the prime subjects that have good education to push towards college would mostly be our Science and English courses, but out Art and Math courses have good teachers. The Art teacher has helped many of her students enter competitions to gain scholarships. Our Pre-Calculus/ Calculus teacher has helped our lead students to learn for College and to pass our Advanced Placement tests. Even with our minor flaws here and there, it is an overall good school.