Kokomo High School is a public school located in Kokomo, IN. It has 1,769 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Kokomo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B238 Students
- B+236 Students
- A206 Students
- A+187 Students
- B-128 Students
- B+88 Students
- NG81 Students
- B81 Students
- A-73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Kokomo High School
- B-Maconaquah High School
- Maconaquah School Corporation, IN
- 78 reviews
- BTaylor High School
- Taylor Community School Corporation, IN
- 95 reviews
- B-Lewis Cass Junior/Senior High School
- Southeastern School Corporation, IN
- 58 reviews
- CClinton Central Junior/Senior High School
- Clinton Central School Corporation, IN
- 106 reviews
Kokomo High School Reviews
I was in a car accident in sophomore year of high school and missed three months of high school. They made a lot of accommodations and helped me out greatly to get me back on track to graduate. The curriculum is great and the school provides a lot of different opportunities for different fields of study, which isn't offered at other schools in the county. However, being such a big school with so many students, there isn't a lot of opportunity for one on one time with counselors and such.
At Kokomo High School, I am given countless educational and extracurricular opportunities that I can't get anywhere else. At Kokomo, all students are able to choose the curriculum and classes that fit their interests and learning styles. Also, there are countless extracurricular activities that we are given the opportunity to join. All clubs varying from Student Council to Harry Potter Club allow students to find activities they enjoy to spend time in to benefit themselves, the school, and the community.
Throughout my high school career so far has been one big experience! One of the qualities that Kokomo High School has and that I am very happy with is the teachers. Most of the teachers at the school take time to get to know their students and they use different teaching styles to help their students learn more efficiently. On the other hand I would like to see change at the school. Most specifically with the dress code. What I have noticed at the school when it comes to dress code is it is subjective. The school dress code requires shorts, dresses or skirts to be at least mid thigh length. I have noticed when it comes to this rule girls on the less curvy side can wear athletic, running shorts, etc... and it be okay where a more curvy girl that would try to wear the same type of clothing would be dressed coded.