Kofa High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-278 Students
- B-270 Students
- A253 Students
- B+239 Students
- B+90 Students
- A-64 Students
- A40 Students
- A+32 Students
- B-31 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 113 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Kofa High School Reviews
Review Kofa High School
During my time at Kofa High School I have had the great opportunity to participate in many programs and volunteer projects with the help from my teachers and counselors. I joined AP classes to challenge my skills and abilities as a student throughtout the four years and joined HOSA and Skills-USA. I did countless volunteer hours for my Sports-Medicine program and Business Leadership Internship program as well. I would definitely return to this high school because of it's welcoming atmosphere from the teachers, counselors, and security. Moreover, the environment on camous is beautiful and shows the student's involvement in various clubs, for example, the mosaic tile made from ceramics 1 and 2 students with the help of the ceramic teacher and administration allowing the students to hang in front of the auditorium.
Academically the courses are not as demanding as I would have liked, with the exception of AP classes which are much better at preparing students for college. I just wish there were more of these classes available. I personally disliked the Cambridge curriculum I just felt a lot was left out in order to follow it. Sports and clubs are what made the experience of high school one of the best. It is what helps one develop and make new friends while doing things you enjoy. If anything I just wish I had more time in order to participate in everything that was available. School doesn't seem like much and all we want is for it to end but now that I am close to leaving I realize how much I will miss my high school, especially those teachers that were always there for their students. There are many teachers who were not there because they had to but because they wanted and truly cared about their students and I am simply grateful for having the chance to learn and interact with them.
The teachers at Kofa High School are great. However, all teachers have a different way of teaching for example, one english teacher may use more group activites and engage the students by using real life problems, whereas, the other techer prefers using sections of a workbook to get through the topics and does less group activites and more individual projects. So it all depends on the teacher and how they effectively teach the students. In that being said, most of the teachers are available before, during and after school hours which allows students more time to complete or ask any questions about a project or subject they don't understand in class.