Knoxville Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Knoxville, IL. It has 386 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Knoxville Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B63 Students
- B-62 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-46 Students
- B-31 Students
- B28 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-24 Students
- B22 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Knoxville Senior High School
- BUnited High School
- United Community Unit School District No. 304, IL
- PK, 9-12
- 30 reviews
- BROWVA Senior High School
- Rio-Oneida-Wataga-Victoria-Altona (ROWVA) Community Unit School District No. 208, IL
- 62 reviews
- BSpoon River Valley Senior High School
- Spoon River Valley Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 6 reviews
- BGalesburg High School
- Galesburg Community Unit School District No. 205, IL
- 182 reviews
Knoxville Senior High School Reviews
Knoxville is a small community and the school district overall is pretty good. The teachers are nice and friendly. The class sizes aren’t to big, they’re the right size where the teacher can help everyone with their individual needs. Because the community is small everyone knows everyone in the school. The overall high school experience here is fun!
The class sizes are around 70-80 kids, which allows for the small town feel of almost everyone knowing everyone while still being big enough for students to be able to branch out and make new friends. The building itself is large, spacious, and new. The teachers at this school are very flexible with their schedules and are always willing to give extra help on homework. The sports program at Knoxville High school is as good as can be expected from a school in such a small town. The football team is strong and has made it to playoffs for many years and has the support of the time. Other sports found at Knoxville High School include wrestling, track, basketball, baseball, volleyball, cheer, and dance. The only problem with the sports program is that there are not enough students for other sports such as soccer and tennis.
Knoxville High School has a lot of great things going for it now and in the future. With the expansion of clubs and activities such as Robotics, Esports, Drama Club, Student Council etc. more students are involved. Knoxville also has great athletics programs, with a lot of community support. (Almost too much support, which makes most focus only on athletics). But in the future Knoxville is shifting its focus. Now the school finally has AP options and online schooling for students that want to take more rigorous and college ready classes. Average students won't have a problem passing as coursework isn't difficult in most classes. The newly built, "modern" highschool is amazing to be in and makes the Knoxville experience much better.