Knox Central High School is a public school located in Barbourville, KY. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Knox Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-180 Students
- A-150 Students
- B-98 Students
- C+87 Students
- A-59 Students
- B-57 Students
- B-54 Students
- B-44 Students
- C43 Students
- B+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Knox Central High School
- C+Lynn Camp Schools
- Knox County Public Schools, KY
- PK, K-12
- 13 reviews
- BBell County High School
- Bell County Public Schools, KY
- 76 reviews
- B-Whitley County High School
- Whitley County Public Schools, KY
- 108 reviews
- B-Barbourville City School
- Barbourville Independent Schools, KY
- PK, K-12
- 16 reviews
Knox Central High School Reviews
Jeff Frost has no idea how to run a high school! He is implementing elementary programs at KC. There is absolutely no school spirit and yes you guessed it special treatment for athletes. You might read this and say that this kid is a trouble maker you wont believe him.I graduated with a 3.8 GPA was a 4 year athlete, graduated with honors, and got a free tuition scholarship . Knox Central will not prepare you for the future the only thing they will prepare you for is failure and a test here and there!
For a small town high school, everything is to be expected. Because we all know each other and grew up together, we all have a bond like no other. KC will always hold a special little place in my heart and I will forever have panther pride!
Knox central is a unique school, with a lot of different types of people. The teachers for the most part are determined to help you make it to college, and prepare for your future outside of high school. One thing I will say is they are understaffed, with classes being to big for the teacher to be able to help everyone. Even though the teachers can't really help every student they have, they still try their best to do everything they can.