grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Knott County Central High School is a public school located in Hindman, KY. It has 562 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Knott County Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus82 Students
- grade B minus65 Students
- grade B+61 Students
- grade C52 Students
- grade B minus51 Students
- grade C49 Students
- grade A minus25 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Basketball games33%
- Football Games33%
- Baseball games22%
- Pep rallies11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,310 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Knott County Central High School
- grade C+Cordia School
- Knott County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 4.5 out of 5 2 reviews
- grade CPerry County Central High School
- Perry County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 63 reviews
- grade B minusLetcher County Central High School
- Letcher County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 61 reviews
- grade A minusHazard High School
- Hazard Independent Schools, KY
- Rating 4.14 out of 5 92 reviews
Knott County Central High School Reviews
Rating 3.83 out of 5 35 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have had a wonderful experience at knott county central. I feel I have been challenged and pushed to always do my best. I am a member of several groups (BETA, national honor society, pep club). I feel there is groups for every individual to take part in. I am also a member of the baseball team. I feel like I have been offered opportunities to join any sports team I wanted also. I think I could go to past teachers and they would do there best to always help me with anything I needed. I would definitely rate my overall experience at Knott Central as excellent.
The BEST high school in the nation! The teachers and staff have always been so helpful to anything us students need. I have been involved in most academic clubs and played volleyball for 4 years and ran track for 2 years for KCC and it has been an amazing experience. Anytime someone in our school has a disaster happen in their life, my school does whatever they can do to help them. Go patriots!!!!
I went through all 4 years of high school at Knott County Central. Being in a poor county, the school obviously did not have the resources to be the best school it could have been, but the staff and teachers did everything they could to help students have a great high school experience and be prepared for college.