Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Kiski Area High School is an above average, public school located in Vandergrift, PA. It has 1,129 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Kiski Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A154 Students
- A+130 Students
- B-113 Students
- B80 Students
- A-78 Students
- A+61 Students
- B-61 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-45 Students
- C43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responses
- Homecoming, football games, wrestling matches50%
- Marching Band Competition28%
- School dances11%
- Yearbook events6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Kiski Area High School
- BBurrell High School
- Burrell School District, PA
- 133 reviews
- BFreeport Area Senior High School
- Freeport Area School District, PA
- 109 reviews
- B+Riverview High School
- Riverview School District, PA
- 76 reviews
- B-Apollo-Ridge High School
- Apollo-Ridge School District, PA
- 59 reviews
Kiski Area High School Reviews
I love the arts department of our school. The teachers are absoultely amazing and dedicated to their craft. I am very involved in the musical department and am getting a very good education from this school from these teachers. I do not think the arts department gets enough credit where it is due. I like the A/B schedule of the school as it gives more time in classes, and more time to do homework. I do not like how every core class is considered honors, as I have worked hard my entire life to be a high honors student, and now they consider everyone honors. All of the teachers I have had have been very kind and passionate about their work and truly care about their students. The school is also clean and has an attractive interior/exterior. Overall, it is not a bad school, but it has its moments like when it only has two bathrooms open for the entire school to use during the lunch and learn period.
My experience at Kiski Area High School has been awesome. I have always felt like the teachers care and what me to succeed. I have been a part of many activities such as National Honor Society and student council. The school and administration has always been understanding and supportive with my gymnastics schedule. I travel a lot and miss school at times because of my meets. Lastly, the high school administrators a few years back incorporated a block type schedule where the students get to schedule themselves on a day A and day B schedule in March for the next year. You can pick your class, what period and what teacher you prefer. The students also have lunch and learn where it's a college campus for an hour and a half. You may have to report to a teacher for part of it, if not, you have that time to socialize and eat lunch. My experience at Kiski has been an unforgettable one.
At Kiski Area High School, academic and personal growth and achievement are encouraged at every turn. From the schools innovative "Lunch and Learn" program to its excellent academic opportunities, the school exemplifies education and sets the bar high for public high schools. The high school offers extensive facilities, including open gyms, common areas, multiple courtyards, and an extensively stocked library. From the administrators to the teachers to the guidance counselors, success is encouraged and hard working ethics are fostered. I am very proud to be a student at this school, and would not want to attend any other.