Kirksville Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kirksville, MO. It has 761 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Kirksville Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+135 Students
- A-86 Students
- B58 Students
- B47 Students
- B+43 Students
- C+39 Students
- B35 Students
- A-28 Students
- A21 Students
- B20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Kirksville Senior High School
- B-Brashear High School
- Adair County R-II School District, MO
- 3 reviews
- B-La Plata High School
- La Plata R-II School District, MO
- 5 reviews
- C+Schuyler County High School
- Schuyler County R-I School District, MO
- 14 reviews
- CAdair County R-I High School
- Adair County R-I School District, MO
- 4 reviews
Kirksville Senior High School Reviews
I am currently a senior at Kirksville High School. I really enjoy the class sizes and how you get to know the teachers very well. All of the teachers are friendly and willing to help! I have taken many dual credit classes and they have prepared me very well for college. At KHS there are also lots of clubs and sports to be involved in. This year they even added in a Girls Wrestling team. Our school has recently made many improvements for safety and even before the improvements I always felt safe. Our sports teams are hard working and determined, the games are fun to watch!
Kirksville High School is a great school with amazing teachers. The principal does his best to have great teachers who love teaching and interacting with students. The education that this school presents to its students is high quality and easy to understand. The variety of different classes that you can take is high, with unique one like Conservation Biology and guitar class. My senior year here is going smoothly but packs a lot of homework, which is preparing me for college life. This year is also the first year that I decided to join extracurricular activities and I ended up joining three different clubs. This is beneficial to me because I can interact with students and teachers more often. One thing that I would like to see different is to join the group of high schools that have four-day weeks, instead of five. Kirksville High School has made a minor change in its schedules by cutting out spring break to use those vacation days for more three-day weekends.
I have had a good overall experience at Kirksville Sr. High School. Though I would like to see in the future of KHS more assistance in making sure that high school students are college ready starting freshman year. I did appreciate the teachers' open mindedness when it came to their students, and their lack of discrimination. I hope though in the future that that quality is pushed to the students as well. I appreciated all of the extracurricular options that were available to me all throughout my high school experience.