KIPP King Collegiate High School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in San Lorenzo, CA. It has 591 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 30 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
KIPP King Collegiate High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A175 Students
- B171 Students
- A+159 Students
- A+152 Students
- B-139 Students
- B-136 Students
- A119 Students
- A-119 Students
- A111 Students
- A-87 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like KIPP King Collegiate High School
- B+Nea Community Learning Center
- Alameda Unified School District, CA
- 35 reviews
- B+Impact Academy of Arts & Technology
- Hayward Unified School District, CA
- 179 reviews
- BOakland Military Institute - College Preparatory Academy
- Oakland Unified School District, CA
- 64 reviews
- A-Gateway High School
- San Francisco Unified School District, CA
- 86 reviews
KIPP King Collegiate High School Reviews
I love the cultural diversity of KIPP King, especially the celebration and appreciation of that diversity. Considering it is a small school, almost everyone knows each other, so it is quite a tight-knit community. There are numerous clubs available for all students to get together, share common interests, and make friends. There are definitely some downfalls, including the school food and the availability of sports. The food quality is quite poor and there are not many sports offered such as football; there is both men and women's soccer, softball, volleyball, basketball, and co-ed swimming. The school events are fun and engaging and there are many opportunities to get involved, giving a great high school experience overall.
One thing I enjoyed about KIPP King Collegiate High School is the environement and how helpful the teachers are. Teachers hold office hours almost everyday before and after school. This allows students struggling or falling behind in specific classes to go talk to the teacher in a smaller, one on one environment. By having these office hours, it demonstrates how caring the teachers there are about their students. They are willing to stay at school an extra couple of hours to make sure their students are confident in their work. However, one thing I would like to change at KIPP King is their sports programs. There is no football team making it hard for students who enjoy this sport to portray their talents. In addition, the school is put in a Division 5 league making it not very competitive for the athletes there who continue to yearly (Women's basketball).
This school has truly amazing teachers where they care about the students and their academics. The school brings creativity and great teamwork where students are learning effectively. We are all here to climb the mountain to college!