Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
KIPP Generations Collegiate is a public, charter school located in Houston, TX. It has 597 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-227 Students
- B180 Students
- B+173 Students
- B143 Students
- A+129 Students
- A+123 Students
- B93 Students
- B-72 Students
- B69 Students
- A63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
KIPP Generations Collegiate Reviews
My experience at KIPP Generations was a very pleasant experience. I would recommend any KIPP school whole heartedly, because I genuinely felt confident in leaving high school and going into college 2 months after I graduated. My study habits, time management skills, and ability to decipher difficult problems, whether it be academic or social, were all well above what I believed them to be, and I thank KIPP for instilling these qualities into me to carry with me for college and throughout life.
KIPP would normally get flack for having strict views on behavior and dress code (though the dress code is much more loosely enforceable on seniors) and having bad lunch food, the school is able to deliver in its promise on preparing its students for college. With many college trips and many alumni serving as guests and speak of their college experience, KIPP allows students to get a better idea of the pros and cons of college life and what they should look out for.
What I like about KIPP Generations is that unlike public schools, KIPP has provided us help in our academics. Not only that but, the teachers here also help us with preparing us to apply and get ready for college. They push us to apply and apply for scholarships so we would not have to worry about it later. But other than that great help to students!