KIPP DC - College Prep Public Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+98 Students
- B97 Students
- C+86 Students
- C+84 Students
- C+77 Students
- C+72 Students
- B+71 Students
- A-70 Students
- C+63 Students
- B62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
KIPP DC - College Prep Public Charter School Reviews
Though this is only my first year in Kipp DC College Prep, I’ve been with Kipp for quite sometime. The teachers care and make sure learning is a top priority. They ensure that every student gets the education they deserve. If your unable to come to school for medical reasons or anything else they will send a teacher to teach you in addition to providing a laptop and internet access so you do not fall behind in your studies. A school and teachers that care is number 1 in my book.
I like that at kipp, we get prepared for college here , we get lots of work and even though a lot of us don't like that it does prepare us for college , we get lots of tests, which helps out with our study habits. I feel like at our school a lot of the kids are connected with eachother, everyone was really supportive of the football team this year and they had a good year this year too, we also support the basktball team a lot and all sports and our basketball team won the championship last year, so its fun at kipp, but it can be grueling and hard work but its all worth it.
My experience at Kipp college Preparatory is exceptional. It’s a good school because of its academics. It’s also considered one of the top academic schools in Washington DC. When it comes to the teachers most of the teachers do really well with teaching and your experience would be better if you build a relationship with your teachers. When it comes to the deans they are very supportive but they mainly focus on our safety so they provide a school bus to and from the train station in the morning and after school. Although there food isn’t very appealing or appetizing. But the only thing about Kipp that makes it look bad is the violence which needs to be worked on but overall Kipp is a very good school.