KIPP Atlanta Collegiate is a public, charter school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 683 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
KIPP Atlanta Collegiate Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+159 Students
- B+116 Students
- B-96 Students
- C+93 Students
- A+93 Students
- C+92 Students
- B-84 Students
- C+76 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like KIPP Atlanta Collegiate
- B+Elite Scholars Academy School
- Clayton County Schools, GA
- 108 reviews
- C-Hapeville Charter Career Academy
- Fulton County Schools, GA
- 52 reviews
- B+North Springs High School
- Fulton County Schools, GA
- 456 reviews
- BEarly College High School at Carver
- Atlanta Public Schools, GA
- 193 reviews
KIPP Atlanta Collegiate Reviews
The school itself is a pretty decent place to send your child. The teachers are very understanding and caring. Our teachers take time to go above and beyond the curriculum and teach life lessons that you wouldn’t receive elsewhere. If you are transferring from an Atlanta Public High School, then the work may seem foreign. The AP for all shouldn’t be for all. The food is ight’. The school spirit is crap! The students don’t really believe in the school itself. There are barely any fights because the students aren’t really about it. If you want your child to have some kind of support during college, then this school is the place. KTC works hard for the KIPP students especially when it’s time to start applying for colleges. KIPP isn’t that bad of a school. I feel like it could offer more classes and electives of course. For this school to be sending off it’s fourth set of seniors, it’s doing a good job.
I like the fact that KIPP Atlanta Collegiate is a college-bound Charter school, which prepares scholars for college and the many different experiences the will have and endure. There are various clubs which I had the pleasure participating in. There are different electives students can choose from and there are pretty great staff there. The staff are supporting and challenge scholars not only for college, but also for the real world/reality. Last, but not least, KIPP has offered the opportunity to take the PSAT, which will boost a students' chance of being accepted to a college, rather they fail or pass it. The school culture is really aspiring. The culture focuses on different values of success, which consist of diligence, unity/teamwork, and tenacity. These values help to incorporate the overall objective of KIPP Atlanta Collegiate.KIPP has made my high school year an unforgettable experience.
As a KIPP Atlanta Collegiate student, I was viewed as an overachiever. I was expected to do so much with my knowledge and time. The one thing I did love about KIPP was the counselors who were actually willing to step inside the students' shoes to see how they felt. They never judged a student by his or her decisions. The counselors would try their best to give you a better solution. If I could change one thing about KIPP, it would most definitely be the higher administration. I would look for better leadership inside the school. I believe the counselors knew how their head people were, so they felt like it was their duty to make the students feel welcomed and loved.