Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Kinsley Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Kinsley, KS. It has 172 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Kinsley Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B20 Students
- A-17 Students
- A-12 Students
- C+9 Students
- B-9 Students
- B6 Students
- C+6 Students
- B6 Students
- C+5 Students
- B+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Kinsley Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Kinsley High School is an average school. It's located in a small community, where everyone knows everyone. Kinsley is a good little school because everyone you see in the halls you know and can talk to. Where as a bigger school you stick to you own little cliche. Sports are good here with a small community like Kinsley, the whole community supports the teams. Only couple of things I would change is the food and the sports available to play. The food at Kinsley High School isn't good at all and sports are limited to what is offered.
Kinsley Junior/Senior High School has a few things it needs to work on. The school has a couple of good teachers, but they need to have more. They need to have more inspiring and more challenging teachers. Kinsley has the basics in the sports world. The school offers volleyball, football, basketball, track, and golf. The only college readiness that is offered is in the form of dual credit classes for high school and college credit and taking classes from the toughest teacher in the high school. Finally, the food has never been good. One of the meals that the school feeds the student body looks like wet dog food.
There needs to be a broader range of classes in the various curriculum areas. The School is definitely a safe caring school. The school lunches leave a lot to be desired. Going to school here has been a very good experience.