Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Kingston High School is an above average, public school located in Kingston, NY. It has 1,902 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Kingston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C113 Students
- grade B+106 Students
- grade B+103 Students
- grade A+84 Students
- grade A minus78 Students
- grade A minus65 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade A minus64 Students
- grade B minus62 Students
- grade A60 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responses
- Theatre Play25%
- Football and Basketball Events18%
- Track and Field Events13%
- Bon Fire9%
- Marching band7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$31,348 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 39 responses
Schools like Kingston High School
- grade B+Highland High School
- Highland Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade BFranklin D. Roosevelt Senior High School
- Hyde Park Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 225 reviews
- grade B minusSaugerties Senior High School
- Saugerties Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.34 out of 5 133 reviews
- grade BRondout Valley High School
- Rondout Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.39 out of 5 74 reviews
Kingston High School Reviews
Rating 3.39 out of 5 234 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Kingston High School has passionate teachers, high academic achievements, and exceptional alumni. Students participate in all sorts of clubs and activities including the Alpine ski team, Science Olympiads, Spanish Honor society, New Visions Alzheimers, Film club, Chamber Orchestra, Robotics club, Travel photo club, Wrestling club, and many more. It takes all kinds to make up a family, some students breathe athletics, some pour their hearts out onto a canvas, while others sing out their lungs. With unwritten ethical rules and a diverse student body, the school has become a second home to all the students. The school spent a whooping 147.5 million dollars in renovations since it first opened in 1915 to create new four floor buildings. What fascinates me the most is how varied, open minded and respectful every friend group is. The teachers are available for an one on one review session, the counselers are super supportive, and the security guards and police officers are filled with joy!
I transferred to Kingston High School from a neighboring school district at the beginning of my sophomore year. I have and am continuing to have an amazing experience at Kingston High School. The staff and teachers are dedicated and invested in the students overall well being and education. I have been provided many opportunities here at Kingston High School, including the ability to take college courses to receive college credit through the Ulster Community College collegiate programs. I am enjoying my senior year at Kingston High School and I am thankful for the relationships I have made with my friends, classmates and advisors at Kingston High School!
I like all the teachers at KHS. They are all very helpful and they are committed to their job. The school has a lot of resources for students. We are given many opportunities.There are a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities that us students really enjoy. The location of the school is great, there are many food places nearby. The experience was life changing.