Kingston High School is an above average, public school located in Kingston, NY. It has 1,870 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Kingston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-103 Students
- B+95 Students
- B87 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-67 Students
- A-58 Students
- B-55 Students
- A-54 Students
- B53 Students
- A50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Kingston High School
- B+Highland High School
- Highland Central School District, NY
- 60 reviews
- BFranklin D. Roosevelt Senior High School
- Hyde Park Central School District, NY
- 209 reviews
- B-Saugerties Senior High School
- Saugerties Central School District, NY
- 127 reviews
- BRondout Valley High School
- Rondout Valley Central School District, NY
- 69 reviews
Kingston High School Reviews
My high school experience was definitely a major factor on my life. The diversity, school activities and safe surroundings made KHS the best place to get my education. The teachers are very personable and are always willing to help their students. Athletic events at KHS are never one to miss! And now with our renovated and newly built buildings it is safer and a nicer environment to be in. If there was one thing I had to change about KHS would be the SAT and ACT prep. There has never been a class to take in the high school, and the work shops we did have were never really publicized so a lot of people didn't know about them
You have the opportunity to complete college level courses while still in high school, the staff is usually pretty kind however there are some exceptions as with most schools. They have resources for many things such as social workers and a pantry for kids who don't get enough food and there's opportunities to get jobs and awards. The music department is a very amazing thing to be a part of, and many athletes are happy with their teams. With all the new construction, the new buildings are clean, pleasing to see and easy to navigate.
The recent expansions have been great, and the school now feels new and exciting again for the first time in decades. Class selection is pretty broad, although sometimes getting into the electives you want can be difficult. Teachers are pretty good, but almost every year you get one or two that clearly don't care about their students. Student body is huge, with pretty great diversity, but the big size leads to some safety issues, although they're mostly kept under control. We could use more clubs, and the lack of any school dances besides prom is a pain because people host a surprisingly low amount of parties.