Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Kingston High School is a public school located in Kingston, MI. It has 298 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Kingston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B83 Students
- B-57 Students
- A41 Students
- B32 Students
- A+28 Students
- B27 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Kingston High School
- C-Mayville High School
- Mayville Community School District, MI
- 55 reviews
- C+Marlette Junior/Senior High School
- Marlette Community Schools, MI
- 55 reviews
- C+Brown City High School
- Brown City Community Schools, MI
- 87 reviews
- B-Cass City Junior/Senior High School
- Cass City Public Schools, MI
- 80 reviews
Kingston High School Reviews
I have attended Kingston High School since the second grade and it has always been like a second home to me. The staff are incredibly caring, and really enjoy their jobs. The community makes Kingston the great school it is especially in time of need. Our academics and sports are important to many staff members as well as students we are quite the 'over achievers' when we need to be!
I have had an excellent time at Kingston High School. It is small school that offers a lot of one-on-one learning opportunities with instructors. I use to go to a moderately large school district in Caro grades K-9 and I struggled immensely. When I transferred to Kingston my sophomore year, I was offered a lot more help from the kind and friendly staff during class and outside of class in before and after school tutoring sessions. I have seen a significant increase in my grades and overall academic performance since I transferred and I could be more happy with the outcome.
I like that Kingston High School is a smaller school that is safe and has fun classes. I enjoy learning here, and all of the teachers and staff are friendly. The food is good and the test scores are usually pretty good too! The only thing I could think of to change at all is to add a few more clubs and activities to do after school.