Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Kings Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kings Park, NY. It has 1,121 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Kings Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-137 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+77 Students
- C59 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+57 Students
- A52 Students
- B48 Students
- B-46 Students
- B45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Kings Park High School
- ASmithtown High School East
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 219 reviews
- ASayville High School
- Sayville Union Free School District, NY
- 93 reviews
- A-West Islip Senior High School
- West Islip Union Free School District, NY
- 259 reviews
- B+Miller Place High School
- Miller Place Union Free School District, NY
- 167 reviews
Kings Park High School Reviews
While Kings Park High School does have its flaws, it is an overall great experience. There is a variety of classes students can take and it ranges greatly in terms of difficulty. The teachers are great and push students to be the best they can. However, it can feel like teachers are telling you information rather than explaining how the lessons relate to the real world and can be beneficial in the future. Also, the bathrooms are not the greatest; the ceiling in one is deteriorating and are not big enough, especially near the cafeteria.
I really enjoyed my time at Kings Park High School! The amazing faculty and staff challenged me academically, something I really appreciated once I started college. There are endless resources, such as AP classes, extra help sessions, and a study block every other day! I loved the wide variety of clubs and sports - definitely something for everyone. In addition, the school has been doing major renovations, making it a more exciting place to be everyday! Proud to be a KP Alumna!
Kings park high school is great academically. You have 80 minute periods unlike average 40 minute ones which prepares you for college length classes. However, kings park high school had very stringent rules especially for seniors about to go off to college. The administration must act less like a prison and more like a school