Kings High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kings Mills, OH. It has 1,227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Kings High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-198 Students
- A+164 Students
- A110 Students
- A-102 Students
- A-58 Students
- B+41 Students
- A41 Students
- B-38 Students
- A-30 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Kings High School
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 205 reviews
- ALakota East High School
- Lakota Local School District (Liberty Township), OH
- 424 reviews
- A-Milford Senior High School
- Milford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 232 reviews
- A-Lebanon High School
- Lebanon City School District, OH
- 237 reviews
Kings High School Reviews
Kings is an awesome high school! It is just the right size for all students to find something they are interested in without feeling intimidated by others. There are many opportunities for success in academics, sports, and leadership. The administration is very centered around the students and they try to listen and be fair. The facilities are clean and I feel safe attending there. The community is very supportive of the district and attends many of the sporting events and programs. They have a great fine arts department and also offer many varieties and levels of extra curricular activities. The academic offerings are more like a large high school. There are many AP offerings and college plus credit options. The teachers work hard to prepare students for college. I have been in Kings Schools since preschool, and I feel very prepared to attend college and be successful!
I have never gone to another high school, but I can definitely say that Kings offers a diverse number of classes for all interests, the majority of the teachers are sociable and work with you on any challenges that may arise. The staff is very geared to preparation for the outside world and assisting you in any endeavor that you might have. I have never come across an incident of bullying, though I do know some that have, but the school and people take many measures to prevent such occurrences, resulting in a safe, friendly environment.
Kings high school has been such a fantastic experience for myself, my friends and my family. The staff is full of energy each and every day and makes the students want to succeed on their own. Each and every year I see change in student work ethic in that it is becoming more independent it seems like and teachers are just the motivators. In the future I believe this will continue to shape the students and I'd love to see more student led activities and student taught classes/independent study type courses.