Kings High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kings Mills, OH. It has 1,278 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Kings High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-215 Students
- A+183 Students
- A119 Students
- A-110 Students
- A-58 Students
- A48 Students
- B42 Students
- B-42 Students
- B+35 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Kings High School
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 207 reviews
- ALakota East High School
- Lakota Local School District (Liberty Township), OH
- 432 reviews
- A-Milford Senior High School
- Milford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 237 reviews
- A-Lebanon High School
- Lebanon City School District, OH
- 243 reviews
Kings High School Reviews
Kings is an awesome high school! It is just the right size for all students to find something they are interested in without feeling intimidated by others. There are many opportunities for success in academics, sports, and leadership. The administration is very centered around the students and they try to listen and be fair. The facilities are clean and I feel safe attending there. The community is very supportive of the district and attends many of the sporting events and programs. They have a great fine arts department and also offer many varieties and levels of extra curricular activities. The academic offerings are more like a large high school. There are many AP offerings and college plus credit options. The teachers work hard to prepare students for college. I have been in Kings Schools since preschool, and I feel very prepared to attend college and be successful!
Kings High School was overall a great experience. I couldn’t imagine having gone anywhere else for high school. My friends and I always liked to say that Kings was like home, like family. Everyone was so close with each other, and most of the teachers really made an effort getting to know the students on a personal level and making them feel comfortable and welcome there. The only thing I would have wanted to be different would be the way they prepared us for college. Here I am, struggling searching for scholarships, which I wasn’t necessarily taught how to do. I wasn’t taught about loans and where you get them and how much you should take out. I just wish that for as much as they expect us to go to college, they could have taught us what to expect in going to college, other than the professors will not babysit us. I wish they could have helped us grow up a little bit.
I have never gone to another high school, but I can definitely say that Kings offers a diverse number of classes for all interests, the majority of the teachers are sociable and work with you on any challenges that may arise. The staff is very geared to preparation for the outside world and assisting you in any endeavor that you might have. I have never come across an incident of bullying, though I do know some that have, but the school and people take many measures to prevent such occurrences, resulting in a safe, friendly environment.