Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
King's Fork High School is a public school located in Suffolk, VA. It has 1,494 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
King's Fork High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B305 Students
- B+245 Students
- A+177 Students
- C+163 Students
- C+162 Students
- C+153 Students
- B+145 Students
- A144 Students
- A+123 Students
- A+106 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responses
- Football games14%
- Spirit Week14%
- Senior skip day?12%
- Talent Show12%
- Spirit week but no one musters up enough spirit10%
- Basketball games8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like King's Fork High School
- C-Lakeland High School
- Suffolk City Public Schools, VA
- 166 reviews
- BNansemond River High School
- Suffolk City Public Schools, VA
- 389 reviews
- B+Deep Creek High School
- Chesapeake Public Schools, VA
- 322 reviews
- BWindsor High School
- Isle of Wight County Public Schools, VA
- 109 reviews
King's Fork High School Reviews
I am having a great experience attending King's Fork. It is truly an honor to be able to go to a school with a nice range of IB courses. The teachers here are qualified and are committed to ensuring that you understood the material. Overall, I would recommend this school to anybody who truly wants to dive deep and get their feet wet in an introductory college course-load, without the cost. Here, it is clearly evident that the school strategized the budget to ensure that paying for IB exams would never be the responsibility of the student/parent. I feel honored to have the opportunity to partake in a more liberal arts/well-rounded rigorous curriculum specifically designed to not only increase your outlets of inquiry-based learning, but also to prepare you for the various challenges of college curriculum today. With such a course-load, I feel confident that I would be well prepared for pre-medicine/pre-health studies and the MCAT exam.
King's Fork High was a new experience for me. I was zoned for NRHS, but being in the IB Program led me to KF. My review on KF isn't generalizable to the rest of the school population. Being in IB has bettered my high school experience, if I'm being honest. KF hosting the IB program uplifts the school entirely. Though IB kids don't always intermingle with the rest of the school's population, the teachers of IB greatly improve KF's staff. KF IB teachers have what other teachers lack; empathy, caring, and the want to help students improve. Often, I see teachers giving up on students or treating them differently just because they don't like them. Along with that, students are out of control sometimes. Students often get into fights and are screaming at teachers with no respect. Apart from that, KF isn't all that bad.
King’s Fork high school is a distinct school. The school Is extremely diverse and doesn’t exclude anyone. The staff and administrators are well trained and prepared to do what it takes to get their students to achieve their goals and live a bright future. The school includes a a variety of clubs and sports and encourages it’s students to stand out and participate in all school related activities. Overall, King’s Fork High School is an outstanding school, but I believe it still needs some improvement. The school holds a lot of activities but lacks the opportunities in more parent involvement.