Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
King Kekaulike High School is an above average, public school located in Pukalani, HI. It has 1,097 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
King Kekaulike High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+151 Students
- B150 Students
- A-98 Students
- A-77 Students
- A-74 Students
- A73 Students
- B-68 Students
- A+64 Students
- A59 Students
- B-51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
King Kekaulike High School Reviews
King Kekaulike is a decent school with amazing teachers. Most teachers were compassionate and showed that they cared for me. Or maybe I was just lucky enough to get the good ones. The school itself is bursting with many sports and clubs. It offers honors and AP classes. Along with many fun electives like acting, band, dance, and very many art classes. They also offer four different language classes. I wouldn't say King Kekaulike is a horrible school, but I also wouldn't say it's the best school.
My experience so far has been great! It's the type of situation where they say "it is what you make of it." The school has definitely improved in terms of sports and academics over the past few years. There have been a few principles coming in and out this past year which was difficult but the new principle is good!
It overall was a really fun high school experience & most of the teachers are great! The pep rallies are so much fun and the teachers often get involved. The one thing that really needs improving is the food. It is not very healthy and the servings are pretty small.