Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
King City High School is a public school located in King City, MO. It has 138 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
King City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C18 Students
- B18 Students
- A-12 Students
- B7 Students
- A-4 Students
- B+4 Students
- C3 Students
- B3 Students
- A-2 Students
- A+2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like King City High School
- C+Union Star High School
- Union Star R-II School District, MO
- 5 reviews
- CAlbany High School
- Albany R-III School District, MO
- 17 reviews
- B-Savannah High School
- Savannah R-III School District, MO
- 88 reviews
- B-North Andrew High School
- North Andrew County R-VI School District, MO
- 13 reviews
King City High School Reviews
King City is very friendly. There are many after school activities and the teachers are really open and helpful. Education and sports are taken very seriously here and there is a lot of school pride. Everyone knows each other and new students can often warm up easily and quickly with students and teachers. Because it is a small school, the classes are smaller but there is more one-on-one relationships and assistance between students and instructors. The only downfall would be that the cafeteria food can be disappointing at times and the building is shared between K-12. A lot of the school is newly renovated and the gyms are clean.
I’ve grown up in King City, it hold a special place in my heart. The teachers and students make each day worth while. They care for academics more than sports, which is more than some schools can say. We have acceded the academic standards as well as having decent sports teams each years. The school allows us to participate in as many sports and extra curricular activities as we’d like to. I plan on bringing my kids back to the school to grow up in a good environment like I did.
King City High School has taught me about who I am and how great of a person I can be. They push me to do my best in academics and other activities. The staff here is wonderful in listening, teaching, and advising their students. The students here are also very caring and supportive. As a whole, they have taught every student what family is and that is just exactly what King City is, a family. We are all supportive to everyone through academics. Everyone fits in no matter who they are, because everyone has a common interest and we are all very forgiving. I wouldn't trade my high school years for anyother.