King City High School
- KING CITY, CA
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
King City High School is a public school located in KING CITY, CA. It has 1,149 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
King City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C77 Students
- grade B64 Students
- grade A64 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade B50 Students
- grade B minus48 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade A+46 Students
- grade A43 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near King City High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C minus
- Housinggrade D minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Homecoming Week54%
- Trying to be peppy23%
- The dressing up15%
- Senior Prank Senior Ditch Day Homecoming Rally8%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,817 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
King City High School Reviews
Rating 3.22 out of 5 65 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience Over the past four years have been amazing, every single teacher is so supportive, staff workers always on task with their jobs. King city is just so supportive with everyone. For example due to our current situation we lost the experience to graduate and walk on that stage but this community has made a Facebook page to adopt every senior and give a little gift for us to be happy. Thats how awesome our community is, we’re also the class representatives including myself as the Vice President of the class of 2020 are trying our hardest to make something for all of us to feel like we graduated no other school that I know of has been in task our amazing principal is making calls getting things ready for her class of 2020 to at least have some sort of type of graduation this school is literally the best and I’m extremely proud that I went to the school and graduation because forever a mustang always a mustang!
My experience here was not the worst, but it also wasn't the greatest either. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on in this school, which only allows for a certain group of students to succeed, even without trying sometimes. This school is very unfair as well. Also, some teachers do not do their job correctly, which leads to students receiving poor grades or even failing.
I love studying at King City High School because the teachers there go out of their way to help students learn everything they teach us. You also have extraordinary teachers who have their classes very well organized. The counselors talk with the students about their plans for the future and help them take very well the classes they need to graduate and also have teachers who guide us and help us when we are seniors to give us ideas about schools that maybe we could attend after we graduate from High school.