King City High School is a public school located in King City, CA. It has 1,034 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
720 BRd.way St
King City, CA 93930
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C59 Students
- B47 Students
- A+45 Students
- B44 Students
- A44 Students
- A+37 Students
- B36 Students
- A-33 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
King City High School Reviews
My experience with King City High School was been very good as I appreciate what this school has done for my education. This school has helped me prepare for college and made me believe that attending a small school does not give you an advantage or disadvantage. It is based on the student's work ethic. I do not think students should not make excuses that the school has nothing to offer because there is something to do, but they are not making the effort to actually join and support their school. I understand that the school can not give us everything we want and the fact that the school is trying their best to give as much resources to the students. The school has been around for a very long time, and the school has managed to go through hardship and managed to achieve many accomplishments. That is why I believe that King City is one of the most reasonable schools to attend to as it gives the students the essential tools to prepare for college.
King City High School has an amazing sense of community and the academic courses that are offered are very diverse. There is, however, an overwhelming amount of favoritism that occurs and the math level is very poor.
My overall experience is a lot of competition. Trying to be the top 10% isn't very difficult, but it's still hard because of the motivation. It's just difficult to focus on education because i think that many people put sports above everything. I would not choose this school again because i personally think the teachers aren't so great. They need a different work ethic and it's up to the students to teach themselves.