Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Killingly High School is a public school located in Dayville, CT. It has 811 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Killingly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A133 Students
- B86 Students
- C66 Students
- B51 Students
- B-47 Students
- B46 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-37 Students
- A25 Students
- C+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Killingly High School
- B+Parish Hill High School
- Public School
- Chaplin, CT
- 52 reviews
- C+Plainfield High School
- Plainfield School District, CT
- 101 reviews
- BBurrillville High School
- Burrillville School District, RI
- 72 reviews
- C+Tourtellotte Memorial High School
- Thompson School District, CT
- 36 reviews
Killingly High School Reviews
Killingly High School Agricultural Education has giving me so many great opportunities. The Ag-Ed teachers are very supportive and strive to help us reach our goals. Killingly High School has allowed me to take AP courses and Agricultural Education courses while I am also being home schooled. This is an opportunity that even my own town would not allow. I am very grateful for the education I have received!
Absolutely love the Agriculture Department! My daughters have enjoyed every aspect of their experience at KHS but being able to combine their personal farming experience in an classroom setting and with the backing of FFA Membership, it has been a priceless experience.
Killingly is a great school. There are an abundance of different opportunistic for students to get involved in from business related things, to arts, and musical aspects. The academics range from general courses, college prep, honors, to Ap levels. This encourages students to take risks and engage in harder classes to challenges them further academically. Courses can be rigorous, but it is a good thing in order to help students to boost up college readiness. For extracurricular there are an abundance of sports and clubs. Sports include; football, field hockey, volleyball, basketball, lacrosse, tennis, wrestling, cross country, track and field and more. For clubs and activities there are also lots of options for people to take advantage of. Clubs include; link crew, FBLA, student council, national honor society, bible club, model un, guitar club, writers club and so much more. Overall there are lots of opportunities for students to take advantage of.