Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Kiel High School is a public school located in Kiel, WI. It has 416 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Kiel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+48 Students
- B35 Students
- B27 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-22 Students
- B21 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-16 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Kiel High School
- B+Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah High School
- Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah School District, WI
- 47 reviews
- BChilton High School
- Chilton School District, WI
- 77 reviews
- BNew Holstein High School
- New Holstein School District, WI
- 26 reviews
- B+Hilbert High School
- Hilbert School District, WI
- 42 reviews
Kiel High School Reviews
Kiel High School was an overall great school with great opportunities! This school offers many opportunities that other schools don't. They have great agriculture, music, sports, and metals/woods/technology programs. This school has students that have excelled greatly in these programs and it reflects on just how good the programs are for the students.
I enjoyed the small school approach where the student to teacher ratio was small. I found it easier to connect with teachers and ask for help in class when we had established a personal connection. They are beginning to offer more opportunities to students to earn college or work experience and offer a variety of paths to take. Recently administration has been more strict with the student handbook rules and I feel that it is personally taking away from the learning atmosphere because teachers are more focused on enforcing the rules to maintain their job rather than teach material but some teacher are more lenient than others.
I loved the small town vibe of the school; the community is very involved with student life and culture. I do wish that our school made more approvements to our facilities and offered more advanced placement classes for students in person and not just online. This allows students who are very academically sound to succeed and find interest at higher levels without having to leave Kiel High School property to get the resources they need to advance in to college academics.