Keystone Oaks High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 606 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Keystone Oaks High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A125 Students
- A+73 Students
- A-71 Students
- A+50 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-35 Students
- B-34 Students
- B30 Students
- B-27 Students
- C27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Keystone Oaks High School
- B+Canon-McMillan Senior High School
- Canon-McMillan School District, PA
- 303 reviews
- A-Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 70 reviews
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- B+Baldwin Senior High School
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District, PA
- 258 reviews
Keystone Oaks High School Reviews
I have received a good education from Keystone Oaks High School. The teachers care for their student's needs and prepare us for our futures. Also, there is something fit for everyone who goes to this school, including: classes (all levels), trade based classes, arts, clubs, sports and so much more. Keystone oaks prioritizes their student's education and tries to make it the safest and comfortable environment for learning. The school has changed a lot in my twelve years of going to it, and it has changed for the better.
Keystone Oaks is a small school in a suburban setting. Teachers are invested in student's success. My counselor was very helpful with helping me fulfill all of my graduation requirements and then also when applying to college. I made a lot of good friends while attending Keystone Oaks. They are from all three of the communities that make up the school district: Castle Shannon, Dormont and Greentree.
Keystone Oaks is pretty average for a school. Some things that are nice about it are the abundance of clubs and activities, and the lack of bullying. At KO, bullying is actually pretty rare, as most kids are all friends (or just friendly) with all of the kids in school. There are also clubs for almost every interest you can think of. However, one thing that KO isnt so great with is scheduling. Every year there has always been a problem with the schedule, without fail. Other than that, Keystone Oaks High School is just your average school.