Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Kewaunee High School is an above average, public school located in Kewaunee, WI. It has 348 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Kewaunee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+36 Students
- B+31 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-23 Students
- B20 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- B+12 Students
- B12 Students
- B+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Kewaunee High School Reviews
I have gone to Kewaunee Schools throughout my entire elementary, middle and high school years. While attending this school district I have been able to receive a good education to help me attend a college after graduating. The teachers were a big impact on helping me through the years. Kewaunee School District has many amazing teachers, some who would go out of their way to help students succeed. That's what I loved about attending Kewaunee. Somethings I would like to see change is how the schedules are set up during the day. I know that they just started a program called Flexisced and they are working out the kinks for it to run smoother. I just hope that for the younger grades coming up to high school that it works good for them.
This high school had a referendum that went through in 2015 and was under construction for 1-2 years. There's a lot of new things like hallways, equipment, and rooms. The school has its own agriculture building with livestock and a greenhouse. There's commercial kitchen for culinary classes and a whole new renovated shop class area. The new weight room is really nice with lots of natural light. The school is still small, being a public school in a small town. While the building got newer and better, it'd be nice to see that in the academics. With not very many teachers, the different subjects don't have as much to offer. For example, the science department doesn't teach anatomy. AP classes also don't run every year. Could be more help with continuing education. A highlight though, is incorporating community college classes, where you would go to a college to get a credit (but it is still in the making). The biggest change I would like to see is more college and world readiness.
Kewaunee High School is a unique place unlike many other High Schools. The small school consisting of under 400 students gives it a small, but close and connected personality that many schools cannot offer. Everyone knows everyone whether you’re a freshman, a senior, new; it doesn’t matter because everyone is treated like their part of a community helping everyone to have a good successful high school experience.