Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Kettering Fairmont High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kettering, OH. It has 2,326 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+373 Students
- B-331 Students
- A275 Students
- A-271 Students
- A265 Students
- B-241 Students
- A-227 Students
- B144 Students
- B+83 Students
- A-74 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Kettering Fairmont High School
- A+Centerville High School
- Centerville City School District, OH
- 367 reviews
- A-Beavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- 378 reviews
- A-Yellow Springs High School & McKinney Middle School
- Yellow Springs Exempted Village School District, OH
- 38 reviews
- ABellbrook High School
- Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local School District, OH
- 151 reviews
Kettering Fairmont High School Reviews
The most thing I like about Fairmont is how it really do prepare students for colleges! The school does everything in their power to see students succeed and not only in high school classes but also in college classes! What I would like to see is that, the school itself should tell people about the college classes and when they can actually take them! If I had been told that I had the chance to take the classes, I would have had more credits heading to college and I would already be having the experience of college classes.
I have completed one year at Fairmont High School. My first year at Fairmont was overall very excellent! The teachers at Fairmont are very committed to making sure that you are gaining the information and material you need in order to be able to succeed in all your classes. Fairmont is also a very well-maintained environment. The counselors are always available for any student and they are available any time of the day. There is a great variety of spirit and pride at Fairmont and there are many different activities and clubs for you to be involved in and help you get the full experience. It is a fairly large school with around 2,000 students and it is a very diverse group of students which makes it even more special! You will meet so many nice people and teachers at Fairmont who are committed to helping you make the best memories and receive the best education possible.
Fairmont is great! The Career Technology Center within the school prepared me for college and the workforce. I was able to earn a scholarship to Sinclair by participating in one of the Career Tech programs. My instructor was awesome and I was able to earn college credit. If you're going to Fairmont, definitely take advantage of Career Tech!! Also, get involved! The sports, clubs, organizations, and other extra-curricular are all equally awesome! There is something for everyone, and it looks good on resumes and applications! Lastly, take advantage of study hall!! It gave me time to study and do homework, and overall helped me manage my stress. If you have a favorite teacher, ask to be their student assistant during your study hall so you'll be in a quieter and more comfortable environment rather than sitting in the cafeteria with 60 other kids and the monitor telling someone to be quiet every 5 minutes (or just remember to bring headphones) :) Overall, Fairmont is a great high school!