Kerr High School is a highly rated, public school located in Houston, TX. It has 804 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Kerr High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-139 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+92 Students
- B62 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+43 Students
- A40 Students
- B36 Students
- B31 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Kerr High School Reviews
Kerr has brought me the best academic results and it's allowed me to manage my time successfully in preparation for the future years. In this school, we are given the work in packs and we are expected to divide our work into parts so that we can work on certain chunks of the packs every day. My counselors are remarkably helpful and they provide many materials towards students that struggle to keep up with their work. They even help some students divide up their pack work and they have quiet areas for students to be able to concentrate. Seminars occasionally to teach students how to calculate their GPA, study in segments, and how to be able to focus on finishing their work. The majority of students and staff are friendly and are determined to help whenever they can. We are expected to learn independently, but the teachers encourage students to ask them questions and they don't hesitate to help students whenever they require assistance.
Kerr isn't like any other school I've been to: its a whole other beast. From the work, to the competition, to the all-nighters, Kerr has been a challenge, and a good one at that. From the complete and utter lunacy that is AP Chemistry or AP Physics to how easy Computer Science. Despite my measly performance compared to my grandiose peers, it has taught me something that no other school would have taught me: consequences. The consequences of not doing my best; the consequences of not caring; the consequences of not doing what I should be doing; the consequences of poor management: it taught it to me. Yet, this experience was necessary for my growth as both an individual and a person who seeks higher education, as even though I do regret all the academic mistakes I've made, I am proud of those lessons I've learned. Therefore, Kerr is a school I would recommend to any student wishing to be independent of their own studies while learning management skills required to be in college.
Before entering Kerr, understand the school first. Firstly, this school is not like your typical school, you're taking four classes per semester, and they are all at accelerated pace. Without properly planning out your weeks, you will fall behind, but that isn't the end of the world. Besides that, this school is wonderful in their academics and their extracurricular activities. This school prepares you for college, as it focuses on letting you be independent when it comes to doing your work and studying. The teachers are always there, and the staff are friendly and helpful. If you do want to come here, make sure to be prepared for the workload by planning out your weeks. And also... DO. NOT. PROCRASTINATE.