Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Kenyon-Wanamingo Senior High School is a public school located in Kenyon, MN. It has 244 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Kenyon-Wanamingo Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B18 Students
- B11 Students
- A9 Students
- B7 Students
- B-7 Students
- A-6 Students
- B+6 Students
- A-6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Kenyon-Wanamingo Senior High School
- BOwatonna Senior High School
- Owatonna Public School District, MN
- 239 reviews
- B+Zumbrota-Mazeppa Senior High School
- Zumbrota-Mazeppa School District, MN
- 62 reviews
- B-Medford Secondary School
- Medford Public School District, MN
- 18 reviews
- B-Triton High School
- Triton Public School District, MN
- 17 reviews
Kenyon-Wanamingo Senior High School Reviews
It is very much typical of a small town school, very small class sizes, usually around 50-60, but it is very biased, especially when it comes to their sports teams. They do not really help us prepare for college or encourage taking PSEO's or anything similar to help you get more out of your high school experience. It has very good arts programs, especially the Music departments and the Speech Team are very involved and have some larger awards. The staff, teachers and administrators are all very friendly and most of them are good friends with some of their students, or they know them outside of school somehow from being friends of the family to coaching on sports team or running extracurricular activities.
My experience at Kenyon-Wanamingo High School taught me how to be strong. I did not care what others thought of me and I was able to be myself. This took years to accomplish but now, my senior year of high school I am completely happy to be me. It is hard growing up in a small town where everyone knows your family and everything about you. If you were not born and raised here the people don't even look in your direction. I can not wait to attend college next semester and meet new friends and have lots of new and fun experiences all while pursing my degree in nursing. My rigorous academic peers pushed me to do my best. I achieved and held high grades my freshman year through my senior year. Although I did not have the best experience at school it will help me transition to my next phase in life and on to better things.
I can never figure out what is going on there. My kid never seems to know either since we don’t have a computer and their websites don’t work on a phone. Only people who live in Kenyon can participate in sports because there is no way to get your kid home if you live in Wanamingo. I heard there used to be a shuttle for kids in activities but there isn’t now and the hyawatha bus only runs until 4:00. Good luck if your kid falls behind because you could never get their homework. The teacher tells you to go online but there are so many passwords my kid doesn’t know, plus they don’t even know what website to go to to get the assignments and the sites aren’t mobile friendly. I have a friend who tried to talk to the school about this stuff but they gave her the runaround. she says she gets useless emails and still can’t figure anything out. We are starting to speak up Kenyon. get it together before we all hop on the Zumbrota bus.