COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
KCD is currently offering in-person classes for students. Our Bearcat Hybrid Education program will continue to accommodate families who prefer that their children learn at home. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A minus
Kentucky Country Day School is an independent, coeducational school with 815 students in grades pre-K through 12. We're located on a beautiful 80-acre campus in eastern Jefferson County.
We educate the whole child through a rigorous college preparatory academic program as well as a wide variety of athletic, fine arts, and extracurricular opportunities.
Small class sizes (average of 16 students) allow our exceptional faculty to get to know every child and make sure that every student is actively engaged with learning.
Kentucky Country Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+60 Students
- grade B+58 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade A31 Students
- grade A+29 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade A+26 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade A+24 Students
STEAM and Maker education at KCD
Our STEAM curriculum is based around interdisciplinary and project-based learning that integrates art & design into the traditional STEM fields of science, technology, engineering, and math. Our STEAM curriculum is supported by the Design and Fabrication Laboratory, a hands-on fabrication laboratory where students take an active role in designing and creating projects using a wide range of tools.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 34 responses
- Seniors walking with kindergartens21%
- Class Day11%
- White gowns and tuxes at graduation11%
- Wild kingdom day11%
- Spirit Week9%
- Collegiate v KCD Basketball Games8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 39 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Kentucky Country Day School Reviews
KCD has truly dedicated teachers who emphasize the importance of critical thinking and creativity. Our kids have been involved in many clubs, theater, and sports, and KCD encourages kids not to be pigeon-holed but to try different activities. KCD also has incredible coaches (our kids did football, track, baseball) who encourage sportsmanship, team camaraderie, and ethical behavior and who really care about the kids off the field (many are teachers and administrators at the school).