Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Kentlake High School is an above average, public school located in Kent, WA. It has 1,516 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Kentlake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A256 Students
- A-166 Students
- B-118 Students
- B+110 Students
- C109 Students
- B-78 Students
- B+75 Students
- B+57 Students
- A-54 Students
- B+48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Kentlake High School Reviews
Like any other high school, Kentlake was filled with unnecessary drama. My teachers weren't terrible nor were they the best. The students, especially the "popular" kids were rude and cliquey and often made racism, sexist, Islamaphobic, and/or homophobic remarks and were never held accountable for their hurtful words. During junior year, I left Kentlake to do running start and had a much better experience at the local community college.
Kentlake was a good school where teachers sought to harness an environment of learning, but some odd decisions where made occasionally that I believe did not assist the learning of students or increase school spirit, but were just a distraction from both. There was a nice variety of classes and a great music and drama program. This could be a great place to go to school and increase in knowledge and wisdom.
There are so many great things about being a Falcon. I personally loved the spirit marches, sporting events, and pep assemblies. Also, a lot of the teachers I had were very like able and made class pretty fun. However, there are also some downsides to Kentlake. I didn’t really like how admin handled certain situations. Overall, it’s a really great school.