Founded in 1894, Kent Place is New Jersey's only independent, nonsectarian college preparatory day school for girls, enrolling more than 600 students from 80 communities in preschool through grade 12. (The preschool is coed.) The student-faculty ratio is 7:1. Over 80% of faculty hold advanced degrees. Special features include The Ethics Institute; more than 20 advanced placement courses; individualized college counseling; state-of-the-art technology; outstanding options in the fine arts, music, drama, and dance; athletic competition; Honor Code; Global Service Learning; and leadership development.
Kent Place School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+58 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+36 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Kent Place School
Kent Place School Reviews
As with many prep schools, the students at Kent Place are overwhelmingly goal oriented. Everything these kids do seems directed towards the college application process. The culture of achievement, of resume building, can be overwhelming. There are many bright and talented girls who go here.
Strengths of the school currently include the English department and the History department. It has been challenging for the school to recruit strong math and science teachers, despite having a nice new STEM building.
If you're reading this trying to decide if your daughter should go here, do your homework. If she is smart, ambitious and hard working, this might be the place for her. She will be challenged. She will be tested. She will be stressed. And she will be very proud that she endured all of this, and go on to a great college somewhere.