Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Kent-Meridian High School is an above average, public school located in Kent, WA. It has 1,960 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Kent-Meridian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+518 Students
- A295 Students
- B-269 Students
- B+200 Students
- A-193 Students
- B-174 Students
- B+150 Students
- C135 Students
- B+135 Students
- C132 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Kent-Meridian High School Reviews
Lots of people talk about KM being "GHETTO" how students are "BAD" and how KM's sports teams don't win anything. The problem with the people is that they judge the school by its cover. Kent-Meridian looks ghetto but is not ghetto at all. The main and art building has not been renovated or upgraded since it was built. When it comes to the administration and staff, they care a lot about their students and the school. They are doing everything that they can to improve the school. The school has been gradually improving when it comes to test scores. Sports in KM is doing good. It has really been improving, especially this year. The Boys Track & Field Team were STATE CHAMPIONS of 2011. Km judo won triple crown in 2019 without any losses. KM Sports is not the greatest. Overall, KM is a really good school so, "DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER!
Despite popular belief, Kent meridian is great. The IB program is fantastic and an often overlooked segment of KM. Alongside KMTA(kent meridian tech academy). They are both amazing niches that this school offers, unlike any other highschool in the kent school district. The IBO offers college level courses with rigorous preparation for the real world and college world. While KMTA offers students the opportunity to become more engaged in technology- a fundamental skill that the modern world calls for. The physical campus may not be the prettiest, however, what it offers is much more than aesthetic experiences. It offers what a school should- a wide array of opportunity for any person, of any creed. Kent meridian gives you programs for english language learners, people with disabilities, highly capable students, and every other bunch. Kent meridian also celebrates its diversity- not just diversity of race, but of ethnicity, sexuality, politics, and interests.
Many people say that Kent Meridian High school is "Ghetto" or "trash", but honestly its the best High school in the District, and its really diverse with each classroom having one student from different cultures / backgrounds, the only struggle is that when we have a teacher take a leave day the District cant find a substitute because so many are afraid of the students, and they hear the rumors about KM being a bad school, but being there for 4 years its really an amazing school with amazing kids who just want a good future for them selves! yes we have a few bad apples but that doesn't mean all whole bunch needs to be thrown away.