Kent City High School is a public school located in Kent City, MI. It has 371 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Kent City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- B+42 Students
- A40 Students
- B35 Students
- C+34 Students
- A+27 Students
- C21 Students
- B+17 Students
- C+12 Students
- C+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Kent City High School
- B-Cedar Springs High School
- Cedar Springs Public Schools, MI
- 173 reviews
- B-Comstock Park High School
- Comstock Park Public Schools, MI
- 56 reviews
- C+Ravenna High School
- Ravenna Public Schools, MI
- 66 reviews
- C+Newaygo High School
- Newaygo Public School District, MI
- 66 reviews
Kent City High School Reviews
Small school, close community with great educational opportunities. Smaller class sizes allow for more one on one help. Involvement in sports makes the high school experience that much better. It's easy to make friends because everyone is extremely inclusive and ready to involve you. The counselor that works there is very interested in helping every single student that attends the school. He can help with anything from relationship problems to college worries. The principal is ALWAYS involved in student affairs and makes the school and very tight knit community. Overall, an exceptional school with great staff. Loved going there for my entire life!
I liked the closeness of the community. Everyone knows everyone, and everyone gets along. The teachers have been there for years and are highly trained. The learning environment is fantastic, with many opportunities to do well in and out of school. There are many clubs to join, and very experienced members to help you do your best. Overall a fantastic learning environment, I enjoyed growing up in this school, and making all the friends that I did.
The experience I had from Kent City high school was a great one. Sports were my largest enjoyment from the school. The teams that I was on included football, wrestling, and track & field. Wrestling was the main focus for me through my high school experience. The team was coached by a man that is unequal to any other coach that i had ever had, his name was Chad Kik. Mr.Kik coached the team with great determination and ability to bring out the most from every wrestler. The skills he tough us in practices and tournaments were skill that could be applied to everyday life. Dedication and honor was the main focus of couch Kik's agenda, it could be seen by everyone whoever competed against us.