Kenston High School is a highly rated, public school located in Chagrin Falls, OH. It has 983 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Kenston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+264 Students
- A-213 Students
- A-174 Students
- B139 Students
- A127 Students
- A88 Students
- A+80 Students
- B69 Students
- B63 Students
- A-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Kenston High School
- AKirtland High School
- Kirtland Local School District, OH
- 91 reviews
- A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- 275 reviews
- A+Aurora High School
- Aurora City School District, OH
- 163 reviews
- A+Chagrin Falls High School
- Chagrin Falls Exempted Village School District, OH
- 172 reviews
Kenston High School Reviews
I really enjoyed my experience at Kenston High School! One of my favorite things about the school is that it is very clean and new! The school is a little over ten years old, and it has been kept in very good shape. The teachers are very passionate and helpful. The school allows students to express themselves without many strict rules. Many opportunities are offered to students throughout their career at Kenston. The classes offered are also important because not all schools offer classes such as: Geology of the National Parks, Pre-calculus, and Mythology. Overall, I am proud to say that I will be a graduate and alumni of Kenston High School.
The teachers are great! Everyone in the community is super involved with Kenston and loves to support our academic and athletic activities. Classes can be challenging, but proper time and effort spent on homework and studying will result in good grades. If teachers see that your effort is there, you will succeed! Kenston has a lot of out of school activities and clubs to get invovled in. As a Kenston alumni, I can confidently say that there is either a sports team or club that will meet your interests. Sports are a pretty big deal at Kenston, especially Friday night football games and volleyball matches. Kenston is very safe and has lots of practice drills for fires, intruders, etc. The administration is very involved in student life and is always looking for ways of improvement.
At Kenston High School I overall enjoyed my time. I had teachers that I loved and other that I had a difficult time with. Overall, Kenston is a nice, clean, organized school with very nice facilities. I feel they were strong in some areas like math and helping students manage their time. However, they lack in prepping students for college and in the arts.