Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Kenston High School is a highly rated, public school located in Chagrin Falls, OH. It has 947 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Kenston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+286 Students
- grade A minus231 Students
- grade A minus200 Students
- grade B161 Students
- grade A minus142 Students
- grade A95 Students
- grade A+84 Students
- grade B78 Students
- grade B minus75 Students
- grade B+67 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responses
- Football games29%
- Fashion Show20%
- School dances (Prom, etc)20%
- Variety Show (Talent Show)14%
- Spring Musicals10%
- The Bomber Games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,780 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 34 responses
Schools like Kenston High School
- grade AKirtland High School
- Kirtland Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 94 reviews
- grade A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 312 reviews
- grade A+Aurora High School
- Aurora City School District, OH
- Rating 4.02 out of 5 173 reviews
- grade A+Chagrin Falls High School
- Chagrin Falls Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 180 reviews
Kenston High School Reviews
Rating 4.05 out of 5 219 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall I had a good high school experience. The teachers there all helped students to learn at their own pace and acquire all of the learning materials provided. Although, here were a hand full of teachers who did not teach all types of students adequately. For example some teachers would go at their own pace instead of helping students who needed more time to learn the material. The school also did a decent job at bringing awareness to social issues and letting students experience their concerns. The school aloud walk outs and peaceful protests during times of chaos in society in order to bring awareness to the cause which I respect.
I truly love this school. I believe that they have a great ability to give students the resources they need to succeed and grow. The teachers are very nice for the most part and are great with engaging with the kids and making them feel comfortable. Many of them are also very good in terms of understanding how certain kids learn and adjusting their teaching or supplying extra resources to accommodate. Naturally, there are somethings that could be improved. I often feel as though some rules are taken far too seriously. The dress code is just one example, however my biggest frustration is that it is patrolled very inconsistently, on a person to person basis. Some people are free to wear whatever they wish on any given day, where other really have to pay attention to details. Other than this annoyance, I really love this school.
I really enjoyed my experience at Kenston High School! One of my favorite things about the school is that it is very clean and new! The school is a little over ten years old, and it has been kept in very good shape. The teachers are very passionate and helpful. The school allows students to express themselves without many strict rules. Many opportunities are offered to students throughout their career at Kenston. The classes offered are also important because not all schools offer classes such as: Geology of the National Parks, Pre-calculus, and Mythology. Overall, I am proud to say that I will be a graduate and alumni of Kenston High School.