Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Kennett High School is an above average, public school located in North Conway, NH. It has 745 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Kennett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+125 Students
- grade B minus72 Students
- grade A minus57 Students
- grade A+46 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B minus33 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade A+27 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responses
- Sports and Spirit weeks30%
- Sporting events22%
- Pep Band15%
- Homecoming and Winter Carnival sports events11%
- Pep rallies7%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$26,985 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 22 responses
Kennett High School Reviews
Rating 3.61 out of 5 163 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
What I like about Kennett High School is that we have career tech. programs that provide with openings and knowledge of things that we might be interested in a career after high school including health science, culinary, business , marketing, and graphics. Kennett tries its hardest to make sure students are getting the academics while having a fun student life which is run by one of our good programs student council. Kennett has many students involved with many clues like Key Club, HOSA, DECA, Student Body and more! Things that could change in Kennett could be expanding learning outside of the classroom, with my four years at Kennett I've only been on two field trips and they were both my freshmen year. I feel field trips would be a great learning hands on experience and to be able to get out of the classroom for a change.
I'm not going to sit here and bash the school that has basically raised me. The school itself is moderate, often freezing cold, or boiling hot. It's a clean and well maintained. We have fabulous sport fields and areas to explore. I'm lucky to be a part of KHS first decade of students. Are school lacks diversity in race, and so does our town. That being said our schools political views are diverse. Political debates and "riots" are not uncommon. Our administration does there best to accommodate all of our views and makes rules to limit conflict. The administration is really what keeps this school together. They are highly under paid and yet they still show up everyday with a smile!
Overall, I had a pretty good experience with Kennett High School. I had good teachers who really cared about making sure their students learn a lot. I made a lot of great friends in music and sports. Like a lot of small high schools, Kennett is overly obsessed with sports (football), so the music and drama programs don't get as much funding as they should. However, the great teachers working to keep those programs going make them so much fun. Kennett prepares its students well for college. They provide AP exams and opportunities to meet with a counselor to discuss the future. The school will try to pressure students to take more challenging math and science classes than they need for college. They favor STEM subjects over others. The school nurses didn't handle my needs well at all. There is very little diversity. Still, I look back at my Kennett experience fondly.