Kennesaw Mountain High School is a top rated, public school located in Kennesaw, GA. It has 2,165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Kennesaw Mountain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+500 Students
- B478 Students
- B261 Students
- A+245 Students
- B+193 Students
- A+175 Students
- A136 Students
- A125 Students
- B+119 Students
- C+116 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.63 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.63 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 246 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.94 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.97 responses
Kennesaw Mountain High School Reviews
I was a part of the magnet program my first two and a half years but switched to dual enrollment for the last two and a half. I have found it very easy to get the schedule I want, make friends with lots of different people, and always know what is going on. That being said I do not know what the average, non-magnet or dual enrollment student deals with, but all my experience has been great!
We make jokes about Kside, but they’re just that: jokes. Not once in my four years have I regretted coming to Kennesaw Mountain. Great academics, athletics (minus football, sorry), and an amazing arts program for chorus and band and theatre especially. The best part about KMHS is the community though. Nobody is really cliquey, and students participate in lots of community service projects throughout the years. No one hesitates to hold a door open or explain a difficult concept in class. Every student has a teacher that they call their “mom” or “dad” and we’ll hang out in their classrooms. Overall a great school, with only minor changes to be made.
It’s an academically really great school! Awful environment with administration, and how they made stupid rules and restrictions on things that were not important, quite frankly it just made the days worse.