Kennesaw Mountain High School is a top rated, public school located in Kennesaw, GA. It has 2,170 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Kennesaw Mountain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+432 Students
- B413 Students
- A+211 Students
- B+209 Students
- B+166 Students
- A+149 Students
- A112 Students
- A110 Students
- A+104 Students
- A-100 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 222 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.88 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.91 responses
Kennesaw Mountain High School Reviews
I've attended Kennesaw Mountain High School for all of my high school career. There have been many challenges, but over it is a great school. Every school has their strengths and weaknesses, a weakness for my school is the preparation for college readiness. My school focus mainly on the magnet students than any others. A normal student, such as my self, have to work harder and be more independent than the other students. A huge strength of my school is the graduation rate, the expectation, and the academics. Kennesaw Mountain High School is listed as number seventeen on the best schools in Georgia, not to mention ninety-one percent of the senior class carriers on to college. Many of the senior class carry on to big schools like Yale, Georgia Tech, and Harvard just to name a few. Over all my schools is one o the best and Im happy to say i will be graduating from there class of 2018!
One thing I enjoyed about Kennesaw Mountain was the amount of resources they provided. Counselors are constantly making us aware of upcoming college fairs and scholarships that we could apply to. One thing I would like to see change is college readiness. Yes, teachers stress how college professors don't accept late work and it taught me to meet deadlines but at the same time as far as college essays or how to properly study for a test, that is something that teachers failed to teach us. If that could be one thing Kennesaw Mountain teachers worked on, then college readiness would slightly increase.
Kennesaw Mountain High School has an extremely welcoming environment. This school strives for the best when it comes to school spirit and student representation. This school is big on academics, especially with the magnet program it offers to students. Kennesaw Mountain is the only school nationwide that has the STEM certification from both AdvancED and Georgia. It is rated the most positive school in Cobb County, and it is rated #12 out of 426 when it came to the best GA public schools in 2017 by Niche. KMHS provides so many learning opportunities for their students, and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are extremely supportive of their students in their academia and extracurriculars. I would try to improve the options for culture representation opportunities. Overall, KMHS has a positive and welcoming environment that everyone enjoys and respects.