Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Kennedy Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Bloomington, MN. It has 1,507 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Kennedy Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A289 Students
- grade B minus124 Students
- grade A101 Students
- grade B89 Students
- grade B88 Students
- grade B+87 Students
- grade B81 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A69 Students
- grade B+56 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responses
- Senior Skip Day27%
- Show Choir Competitions24%
- Pep Rally's21%
- Guest Speakers (although rare, entertaining)15%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,955 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Schools like Kennedy Senior High School
- grade AJefferson Senior High School
- Bloomington Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 368 reviews
- grade B+Burnsville High School
- Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191, MN
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 531 reviews
- grade A minusSouth Senior High School
- Minneapolis Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 343 reviews
- grade BRobbinsdale Armstrong Senior High School
- Robbinsdale Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 368 reviews
Kennedy Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.41 out of 5 234 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The majority of the teachers are kind, helpful, and actually work quite hard to teach and engage their students. I had a lot of fun learning there over the years, and I usually felt like I was doing worthwhile classwork. The food is okay, nothing to rave on about. The classrooms are clean, uncluttered, and fairly comfortable to be in (they all have air conditioning and heat!), though there are a few of them with writing on the desks. My peers tended to be hardworking and intelligent, and if not that, then at the very least, respectful. There were small disagreements here and there between students, obviously, but they were usually pretty minor and basically happened only once a year. Overall, a decent, commendably inclusive school compared to most high schools, I'd say.
What is like about Kennedy Senior High School is its a school with high amounts of diversity of which the student body and faculty are both proud of. Many teachers work hard to motivate students and encourage students to do their best and discover and pursue steps they can take to further one's future. there's a variety of advanced placement courses and services to help improve the academic standing and futures of less privileged students. There's a variety of after school activities and elective course opportunities to allow students to try new things and pursue/explore interests. There show choir, theatre arts, programs that contain a lot of talent along with the soccer team both Male and Female. Science Olympiad has made it state competitions multiple times in past years. there are a variety of band ensembles to be a part of. And the building has faced recent improvements to the auditorium, library, gymnasium, and fitness center. Kennedy is a very good school.
I love to see how diverse the student and staff are. It’s nice to know that even though teachers can be hard on you, they are doing it to better you. They’re very supportive of your lives outside of school and are always willing to help however they can. One thing that I wish they would change though, is being quicker and cancelling school more on snow days. The reason I say that is because Kennedy has a lot of students that are open enrolling from Lakeville, Shakopee, Fridley, St. Louis Park, and other cities as well. They should be a little more considerate of the students traveling far for school. Other than that, I’ve loved my experience at Kennedy.