Kennedy Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Bloomington, MN. It has 1,646 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Kennedy Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+215 Students
- B-87 Students
- B71 Students
- A71 Students
- B59 Students
- A+56 Students
- B55 Students
- B+55 Students
- A52 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Kennedy Senior High School
- A-Jefferson Senior High School
- Bloomington Public School District, MN
- 342 reviews
- A-Burnsville High School
- Burnsville Public School District, MN
- 494 reviews
- B+South Senior High School
- Minneapolis Public School District, MN
- 314 reviews
- B+Robbinsdale Armstrong Senior High School
- Robbinsdale Public School District, MN
- 311 reviews
Kennedy Senior High School Reviews
When i first started to go to Kennedy High School, i was scared because it's a big school, and it thought that i would get lost, and not know my way around. The staff and teachers are super helpful. I made friends really fast. They helped me find my way around school and to feel more comfortable. I never saw any bullying at Kennedy, but if there was and administration took it very serious. One thing i would want Kennedy to change would be open lunch because not everyone likes school lunch, and there is a fast food place in front of the school.
My experience was very positive. Kennedy's teachers are not only kind, funny, and memorable but also genuinely caring about my well being as a student and as a person. On top of the hardworking and dedicated teachers, Kennedy's outstanding diversity makes it an environment in which students of any race, religion, or background can thrive and build meaningful relationships.
Kennedy High School has amazing teachers, activities, and sports. The teachers are amazing and care so much for the students. Kennedy may not have the best ranked sports teams, but the players and the coaches especially care greatly about their athletes.