Kennebunk High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kennebunk, ME. It has 670 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Kennebunk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B70 Students
- C+45 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-39 Students
- B-37 Students
- A-35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+24 Students
- C+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Kennebunk High School
- B+York High School
- York Public Schools, ME
- 116 reviews
- A-Wells High School
- Wells-Ogunquit Community School District, ME
- 112 reviews
- CMassabesic High School
- Regional School Unit No. 57 (MSAD 57), ME
- 186 reviews
- AScarborough High School
- Scarborough Public Schools, ME
- 171 reviews
Kennebunk High School Reviews
Kennebunk high school has offered me the best four years of my education. From supportive teachers to interesting classes, there's something for everyone here. Students are able to excel at their choice of an IB or AP curriculum, allowing students who may not fit a standard role of education to succeed and learn in their own comfort. The school was renovated in 2017 giving the students access to state of the art facilities to help with anything from engineering to studio art. The guidance counselors are incredibly supportive throughout the college process, giving Kennebunk the privilege of having sent students nearly every year to Ivy League schools, pursuing majors to change their world. I could not have imagined a better place to learn and grow.
The school even though just being completely renovated still has the same wholesome vibe to it. The faculty and staff are great, they care for every single student very much, and they always come to school every morning with a smile on their face. Not only are the staff very happy at KHS but the students are too! KHS offers many opportunities to explore different aspects of education. The educational system is top-notch and will continue to raise and grow with it's students.
Kennebunk really values education and college-readiness. Honestly, my college classes have been easier than some of my high school ones. Kennebunk offers both Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate classes as well as Honors, Common Placement, and Common Core.