Kennebunk High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kennebunk, ME. It has 677 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Kennebunk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+55 Students
- C+40 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-33 Students
- B32 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Kennebunk High School
- B+York High School
- York School Department, ME
- 115 reviews
- A-Wells High School
- Wells-Ogunquit Central School District, ME
- 109 reviews
- C+Massabesic High School
- Regional School Unit No. 57 (MSAD 57), ME
- 178 reviews
- AScarborough High School
- Scarborough School Department, ME
- 168 reviews
Kennebunk High School Reviews
The school even though just being completely renovated still has the same wholesome vibe to it. The faculty and staff are great, they care for every single student very much, and they always come to school every morning with a smile on their face. Not only are the staff very happy at KHS but the students are too! KHS offers many opportunities to explore different aspects of education. The educational system is top-notch and will continue to raise and grow with it's students.
Kenenbunk high school is known for its wonderful academics and sports teams. I love getting involved in clubs and other activities through the school. However, teachers and administrative staff have always pushed their students towards "greatness", but not in a positive way. Since I was a freshman, I always felt pushed to take the hardest classes, even if I was not passionate about the subject. I have always felt that the staff at KHS didn't care about what your passionate about, but cares more if you take every hard class, even if it takes students time away from what they really love to do. I wish that this stigma around taking every hard class would end. A second thing I wish would change, even though I know its not the schools fault, is the amount of diversity at the school. The school is dominated so highly by people who are white, I can only name about 10 people at the school who have a different ethnicity.
Kennebunk High School is a small school that will bend over backwards to help its students grow. If someone has a passion or goal that requires background knowledge or experience before college, the administration will create a class specifically for that student, so that they will be prepared for their future career.