Kenmore West Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Buffalo, NY. It has 1,437 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Kenmore West Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-219 Students
- C+113 Students
- B-81 Students
- B67 Students
- C+64 Students
- B62 Students
- B-54 Students
- A51 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-35 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Kenmore West Senior High School
- BKenmore East Senior High School
- Kenmore-Tonawanda Union Free School District, NY
- 128 reviews
- BDepew High School
- Depew Union Free School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- AAmherst Central High School
- Amherst Central School District, NY
- 91 reviews
- B+Sweet Home Senior High School
- Sweet Home Central School District, NY
- 147 reviews
Kenmore West Senior High School Reviews
Throughout my four years of high school, I enjoyed most of the days here. Some teachers are kind of annoying and only care about grades, other teachers barely teach and still expect you to get a good grade, and then there are actual good teachers who care. West always gave me something to look forward to at the end of the week or even month. Dances are fun sometimes but the DJs never get any better. The school announcements are kind of confusing and irritating, like why is it in the middle of the school day. They need to put more effort into the school pep rallies but overall all of them sucked. I am glad to be graduating but I will never forget all the fun memories I had at this school. West is Best!
My four years at Kenmore West have been very memorable, and full of experiences and learning. Kenmore West offers an endless amount of clubs and activities. Some of the clubs I am in are ModelUN, where we meet with other students from other schools who are representing a country and discuss the issues of today's world, track and field, lacrosse, and Link Crew, where juniors and seniors work on their leadership and experience to help the incoming students become more comfortable with the high school. Kenmore West also offers an array of classes from regents to honors and finally to AP and IB. I take honors and AP classes, and they have a good balance between being a challenging course, and a manageable course because of the teachers who are willing to stay after school and help you with any problems. The only thing I would change about Kenmore West is to weigh AP and IB courses equally because one is not better than the other, and both have their pros and cons.
My experience at Kenmore West High school has been great. There is a welcoming faculty with outstanding consulars for support. I am a student in the IB program, therefore my experience has been different from the average student. The average student takes 9 classes per day, where as I have a alternating schedule. Our sports teams are very greatly supported by our student section and local community. I would like to see more alumni returning for tours and visits in the future.