Kelvyn Park High School is a public school located in Chicago, IL. It has 515 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 6% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-106 Students
- A-90 Students
- B-54 Students
- A-52 Students
- B-49 Students
- B-47 Students
- B40 Students
- A+35 Students
- B32 Students
- B-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Kelvyn Park High School Reviews
I really like Kelvyn Park because the teachers and staff really care about the students, and although we don't have many resources, the teachers do try to make sure the students succeed. If there's one thing I could change is that we get more money for the school. I believe if we had more money we could get more sports in the school and resources.
I joined this school over a year ago, I transferred in from Fort Lauderdale High School, my first year was quite easy and laid back, the sports program is good but many of the students are not dedicated. The counselors have way too much to do, it took a year and my personal request for them to actually import my grades from my previous school into my transcript, also while applying to colleges the counselor failed to send out my transcripts, test scores, and any other documents that colleges needed, me and other students often had to resort to either repeatedly requesting materials to be sent out or to send the materials ourselves. The school is generally disorganized, underfunded, and understaffed.
You either have teachers that are very involved and passionate about teaching and others that don't care much. This school has suffered from many budget cuts, getting rid of amazing teachers and essential programs and advisors. KP failed in preparing me for college. As far as math classes, all of my teachers were either substitutes or most of our work were online worksheets.