Kelly Springs Elementary School Reviews

This is our 3rd year at KSE and we love it! We have had some wonderful teachers, especially Mrs. Forehand and Mrs. T. Lee. My son needed speech and occupational therapy and we were so pleased with Mrs. L. Lee who worked with him so well, he has graduated from both! We always feel welcome at the school and love all of the cool things they do such as kite day, popcorn days, and multi-cultural night. I have an older child that was in magnet school K-6 and I can honestly say the education my son is receiving is just as good, if not better than magnet. With ADHD, he can be quite the handful. The teachers have handled him beautifully! We have chosen to move my older child to private school for high school but we are so happy at KSE, he will stay right where he is!
I have been very pleased with Kelly Springs Elementary this year. You hear horror stories about Dothan City Schools - do not let that stop you from enrolling your child in this school. My daughter has thrived at KSE and performs above grade-level in reading and math. Teachers here truly care about their students and want to see them succeed. They use various teaching methods to meet the needs of the different types of learners in their classes.
I'm a parent of two children who attend Kelley Springs Elementary School. They genuinely encourage involvement from the students/parents/teachers. You can't say that of all schools. I've been impressed with teacher organization on parent visits and how they communicate what I need to do to help my children when they come home with their folders. My teachers never communicated that much with my parents, when I was in school.
Start Your Review of Kelly Springs Elementary School
I am extremely impressed with the quality of the school. The teacher Mrs. Karen A man has been a great asset to Marissa. The care and concern for Marissa is valuable in a struggling year. With all the teachers intrests.Share the individual progress plan. Proudly congratulations to Mrs. Aman.
Kelly Springs Elementary is an amazing school! The principal, teachers and staff members are so caring and provide excellent guidance for children. My son was in kindergarten last year and can't wait to start first grade. The Kelly Springs team goes above and beyond to provide and create opportunities for cultural engagement and unique learning experiences. The school uses the Class Dojo app, which is a tremendous asset for parents to track student activities and behaviors throughout the day. The team also went above and beyond to accommodate my son's food allergies/intolerances, putting my mind at ease as a parent. I would highly recommend Kelly Springs Elementary and encourage anyone with elementary-aged children who is moving to or relocating within the Dothan area to consider the Kelly Springs school district!
Kelly Springs is a great school with excellent, caring teachers who go above and beyond to help the students there succeed. We opted out of a local magnet school to stay at KSE because we have been so impressed with the education our children are receiving there.
Great school and Great teachers! My daughter went there from K-5 and now my two boys are in this school in 2nd and 3rd grade. This school makes you feel like family from the moment you walk in. Very safe school (State troopers office is about 1/4 mile away and very secure, you have to be buzzed in to enter). Rating in my opinion: (scale 1-10)
Teachers: 10
Academics: 10
Cleanliness: 10
Safety: 10

They also have a great program at this school for kids with special needs.
We are a part of the very first pre k class for Kelly Springs and we have LOVED it! I feel like my child is safe and he has learned so much while being there. His teachers are easy to get ahold of and quick with their response. We love how involved we can be and how encouraged parent involvement is.
I could not tell you in a million words what this school and staff mean to our family. They treat myself and my children as family. The teachers and staff really care about the students there. It is a blessing to be part of this school.
As a former parent, PTO officer, volunteer, and substitute, and as a current grandparent and employee at Kelly Springs, my overall experience has been great and varied and has spanned 25 years. We are always striving to meet the needs of our students and their families. I am proud to be a part of a school that embraces differences in our school and community.
I was nervous with my daughter starting kindergarten. I didn't need to be. Kelly springs is amazing ! She has a wonderful teacher and the school does so much to make learning fun. My daughter is always excited to go to school. She's has learned so much ! Keep up the great work KSE!
Kelly Springs is a great school! Teachers, parents, and administrators all take a vested interest in the success of the students.
Kelly Springs Elementary School is a very well respected school that strives hard to meet the need of all of their students.
Kelly Springs is a hidden gem! My 2 children attend school there and they absolutely LOVE it! Every time I come to the school, I feel welcome. In addition, the communication that the teachers and staff have with the parents really makes it easy to participate. The PTO is also really great about providing opportunities to volunteer. The teachers really do a fabulous job at making sure that my children are receiving an appropriate education. We LOVE Kelly Springs!
A school full of acceptance, learning, and dedication! So greatful to be a part of such a wonderful community!
Kelly Springs Elementary has a very caring and support staff and faculty which meets the needs of all students. The students learn in a non-threatening environment free of ridicule.
The culture of the school is very positive. Everyone embraces the diversity in the school. Parents are welcome to be a part of their child's education.
Start Your Review of Kelly Springs Elementary School
My son has had an excellent kindergarten experience! The curriculum has seemed appropriate. I do wish that they had art classes as an option, though.
I fell that my child is perfectly safe attending this school. In these days and times, nothing is perfect, and there is no way to guarantee 100% protection. I feel that Kelly Springs offers a very safe environment while still not feeling like it is on constant lock-down.
Although there is an after-school program, there are not very many other options available for the students to participate in. The only other option that I am aware of is the Eagles Nest program where the students have another adult advocate (teacher, counselor, etc.) that they meet with once a month. In all fairness, it is hard to organize students at this age and offer clubs, etc. for them to participate in.