Keene High School is an above average, public school located in Keene, NH. It has 1,375 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Keene High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-201 Students
- B-162 Students
- A-97 Students
- B-74 Students
- A+63 Students
- A63 Students
- A+56 Students
- C+53 Students
- B-51 Students
- A+49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Keene High School
- B-Fall Mountain Regional High School
- Fall Mountain Regional School District, NH
- 87 reviews
- BBrattleboro Union High School
- Brattleboro Union High School District, VT
- 91 reviews
- C+Monadnock Regional High School
- Monadnock Regional School District, NH
- 90 reviews
- B-Conant High School
- Jaffrey-Rindge Cooperative School District, NH
- 74 reviews
Keene High School Reviews
Keene High School is an excellent school with some of the greatest teachers you’ll ever find. There is a wide variety of classes, including a long list of vocational subjects, and plenty of sports/extracurricular to keep you busy after school!
Overall I like my school pretty well. There’s a good selection of different courses from the variety of core classes to get you ready for college to languages (even Chinese!) to extras like cooking, computer classes, automotive, art, music, a lot. Some teachers good, some really good. My favorites - tech teachers. There’s quite a few different clubs. I wish kids would check these out more. You meet other kids that you might not otherwise meet and have something in common with and potential new friends. That’s what happened to me. Nice library and a wide selection of food in the cafeteria. To teachers - get to know students, things aren’t always what they seem.
I loved my experience at Keene High! Classes were great- lots to choose from. Teachers are prepared and professional, knowledgeable. Lots of clubs! I was involved in Drama Club, and our performances were amazing! Lots of Music and Art classes, too. A great school overall!