Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesD
Kearns High School is a public school located in Kearns, UT. It has 2,296 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Kearns High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A513 Students
- C+329 Students
- B+310 Students
- B-283 Students
- B202 Students
- B-202 Students
- C+180 Students
- B-144 Students
- B+128 Students
- A+116 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 102 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Kearns High School Reviews
The faculty and staff were very good, you could tell they cared about their students and making sure they provided a good foundation for them. There weren't many classes that really prepared you for life after high school, but they were very committed to the students' success and well being. The only real complaint I have is the issue with bullying between students and how it was handled. I never got "justice" for anything that was done to me, they got away with everything. There must be some way to encourage a positive environment between students, enforce it, and have the students graduate/succeed.
I recently graduated from Kearns high school. I really didn’t like it till my senior year when I started to get involved in the community but I made sure my senior year was own for the memories. I enjoyed everything that was involved with kearns high. The people and staff are amazing. I really am sad that I graduate. I should have gotten involved sooner because I met a lot of amazing students & staff there. I wouldn’t change anything! It’s beyond amazing there.
I love this school. The diversity is outstanding, especially for Utah, and the community here is great. School spirit is outstanding and there are many opportunities for clubs and electives, all of which are active with fun people. The leaders of the school clearly care about the students going there and the layout of the school is beautiful and easy to navigate without any overcrowding, except when in the lunch lines.