Kearns High School is a public school located in Kearns, UT. It has 2,279 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 35 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Kearns High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A437 Students
- C+290 Students
- B+266 Students
- B-227 Students
- B166 Students
- C+164 Students
- C+141 Students
- C+114 Students
- B+107 Students
- A+97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 102 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Kearns High School Reviews
Defiantly recommend Kearns High to anyone who is thinking of attending, best school I have ever been too. Lots of community involvement and tons of Diversity that makes Kearns High School special and awesome!
Starting out Kearns high already has a bed reputation, however what is worse is that it has accepted the bad reputation. Both the students and the teachers fell into this thought process of how the majored of the student body wouldn't amount to everything. They whole time I was there it felt I was fighting a battle of reputation. The teachers themselves were nice but the majority of them gave more busy work than actually teaching. The students were all smoking before class and there was little action fro the administration from stopping it. It felt more like they were trying to raise graduation numbers than help those who actually cared about their education.
I went to KHS for 4 years, and I can say this school actually offers an abundance of opportunities to get ahead including so many AP classes that I haven’t seen other high schools offer. You can go far in your academics in this school if you choose to push yourself. The select group of kids with me who chose to go beyond the standard curriculum have been accepted into schools such as Penn State, Princeton, Villanova, and Harvard to name some. This school does lack in clubs but there are anual things such as Talent shows, Musicals, senior play, Junior AND Senior prom, etc. Theres always something to be involved in. KHS also offers over 10 sports to choose from. If there would be a big downside to this school it would be the counceling. They do a poor job of helping you with stuff like college applications, volunteering and scholarships. For that, your pretty much on your own, but there are teachers who are always willing to help out with things like college and scholarship essays.