Kearney High School is an above average, public school located in Kearney, MO. It has 899 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Kearney High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-144 Students
- B128 Students
- B+121 Students
- B103 Students
- B67 Students
- NG64 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+55 Students
- C51 Students
- A-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Kearney High School
- B+Smithville High School
- Smithville R-II School District, MO
- 138 reviews
- BPlattsburg High School
- Clinton County R-III School District, MO
- 50 reviews
- BExcelsior Springs High School
- Excelsior Springs School District, MO
- 105 reviews
- B+Fort Osage High School
- Fort Osage R-I School District, MO
- 199 reviews
Kearney High School Reviews
What I liked about my high school was the sense of community with sporting events and the devotion of the teachers and counselors in the classroom to preparing their students for life after high school. I liked being able to talk to my counselors and have them help me in making decisions on what classes would be best and what colleges to look into that are the best fit for me. I enjoyed high school at Kearney very much. Once a bulldog, always a bulldog!
My experience at Kearney High School as overall been very good, all of the teachers are wonderful people who generally want to see you succeed. There is a no-bullying tolerance, and the school does exceedingly well in making sure this is true. The only thing I have not liked about the school is that freshmen are not in the building, being a freshmen is hard thing to do in the Kearney school district as you are not at the high school building. I would most definitely recommend Kearney High School as an amazing school to go to, both in the academic and extracurricular aspect as well as with the teachers and administration.
Kearney High School has a great sense of community! All three years of high school was spent at Kearney and it was a great place to grow up. It has a small town sense of community and everyone works together. The teachers are great and really help us test and get ready for college as a senior. They go over expectations and life goals to have in college.